[SOLVED] LEDs that reflect temperature?

iNVERTEDpLAZMA

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
I've never purchased a liquid cooled system before. Getting an i9-9900k i think i'm going to check it out this time around.
Curious though, I see all these RGB LEDS. That's great and pretty and all, but i couldn't care much about it.

I'd much rather see blue when it's cool, red when it gets hot and fun mixture between. is that a thing that exists and maybe isn't featured in the spotlight?

Solution
My Corsair H115i LEDs can be configured to change colors according to temp. You can set it to be red at any temp (mine is the CPU hits 85 degrees, it is green under 45 degrees and changes color in between). You have to use iCue to set it up. Do not install any motherboard RGB light control software (MSI Mystic Light or ASUS Aura Sync, etc.) as it conflicts with iCue and cause major issues. Uninstalling those apps will NOT resolve the conflicts.

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
My Corsair H115i LEDs can be configured to change colors according to temp. You can set it to be red at any temp (mine is the CPU hits 85 degrees, it is green under 45 degrees and changes color in between). You have to use iCue to set it up. Do not install any motherboard RGB light control software (MSI Mystic Light or ASUS Aura Sync, etc.) as it conflicts with iCue and cause major issues. Uninstalling those apps will NOT resolve the conflicts.

Reactions: iNVERTEDpLAZMA
Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I've never purchased a liquid cooled system before. Getting an i9-9900k i think i'm going to check it out this time around.
Curious though, I see all these RGB LEDS. That's great and pretty and all, but i couldn't care much about it.

I'd much rather see blue when it's cool, red when it gets hot and fun mixture between. is that a thing that exists and maybe isn't featured in the spotlight?
I think that any corsair devices have an option to show a color for this, example: 20-40 is green 40-60 yellow.. Im talking from self experience and my corsair ll120 have this option. So an AOI from corsair probably has this feature too!

Reactions: iNVERTEDpLAZMA