[SOLVED] Left Alt switched with windows key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
My keyboard left alt is acting like my windows key and vice versa. I need to know how to fix it because I play rust and using Left Alt is a MUST.
Ryzen 5 5600x 1660 SUPER 16 gb ram 3200 mhz

Last edited:
Solution
Work with the laptop first.

What I find odd is that the two keys (WIN and Left Alt) seem to have "changed places".

I am still wondering about some accidental mis-configuraton via the fn key and another key.

Try the keyboard on the laptop.

If the problem follows the keyboard, then try again on the Chrome - determine if the problem remains.
Mar 11, 2021
Mar 11, 2021
What setting did you apply?

Did you try reinstalling the driver?

Also - late thought:

Use "WIN" + "I" to access the Settings screen.

Check both "Gaming" and "Ease of Access" for any existing shortcuts. There may be a conflict there.
My keyboard has a shortcut with FN+SPACE for 5 seconds and resets everything on the keyboard. And I'm gonna reinstall driver now.

Mar 11, 2021
Mar 11, 2021
When I go to device manager on this PC it shows 3 keyboards but all are named HID Keyboard and not my keyboard model. I can try plugging into the laptop in a few. Would there be a way to plug it in on my school chromebook and still have the same results.
Also I think its worth noting that I did spill some liquid on the keyboard a few days ago but everything is working perfect besides the one key which would be odd for just one to not work after an event like that.

Ralston18

Titan
Work with the laptop first.

What I find odd is that the two keys (WIN and Left Alt) seem to have "changed places".

I am still wondering about some accidental mis-configuraton via the fn key and another key.

Try the keyboard on the laptop.

If the problem follows the keyboard, then try again on the Chrome - determine if the problem remains.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.