Question Left & Right Click on Touchpad isn’t Working

Feb 17, 2024
As the title said, my touchpad’s left and right click is not working. I know that physically its working fine (when i restart the laptop its ALWAYS working for a while before suddenly stops) and it can make a clear clicking sound.

I have A ROG Zephyrus laptop with physical left & right click on the touchpad. The problem is I can use the trackpad and the smart gestures (like scrolling with two fingers or zooming in and out or tap with two finger for right click) BUT the physical left and right click ISN’T working. To be more precise, its not registered on the laptop even though its physically working (I can feel a clear clicking feedback and clicking sound).

Some common solutions/responses I’ve tried:
“Have you check the keyboard shortcut (or system shortcut) that disables touchpad?”
-> yes, the touchpad is Enabled

“Have you tried cleaning the buttons?”
-> yes, ive cleaned it with air duster (air blower) and with cloth too. Even before cleaning, the buttons is physically fine (clear clicking sound)

“Have you tried updating, disabling and re-enabling, uninstall the driver?”
-> Yes, I’ve tried all 3 of them

“Is there any app that could possible cause this without you knowing”
-> I’ve checked in Settings, Device Manager, Armory Crate (Asus ROG “settings” app), including third party app like Power Tool (by microsoft) and other apps that is running in the background (Nvidia and AMD software, antivirus, logitech hub (logitech gear app). And i still find NOTHING out of the ordinary. Also, The settings like “use touchpad and mouse at the same time” is enabled

Please help me, ive search everywhere and still cant find the answer

Thanks in advance

PS: if i use a mouse, the left click and right click is registered, BUT the left click and right click on the touchpad still isn't working.
Also, i would like to be able to use my laptop for 5 mins on the car/train without the need of a mouse to finish some quick works

Last edited:
I have a pc for gaming and a lenovo think pad laptop for general use , i started to have the same problem as you , the pad also kept sticking and figured if it needed a repair it would be expensive so i got this mouse.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-W...id=1708187677&sprefix=wireless,aps,250&sr=8-3

Logitech also make another one that is 3 times the cost , it looks identical but is more robust as its for gaming

Feb 17, 2024
I have a pc for gaming and a lenovo think pad laptop for general use , i started to have the same problem as you , the pad also kept sticking and figured if it needed a repair it would be expensive so i got this mouse.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Windows-Ambidextrous-Design/dp/B00552K0GM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=M49IWJ3CARPI&keywords=wireless+mouse&qid=1708187677&sprefix=wireless,aps,250&sr=8-3

Logitech also make another one that is 3 times the cost , it looks identical but is more robust as its for gaming
My buttons is not “sticking”. its fine but the clicks are not registered in the system when its pressed. Which means whenever i pressed the buttons the laptop “thinks” nothing is pressed. therefore, it does nothing.

At least until i restart my laptop and then the left and right click is registered. Only for a while tho, the problem occurs sooner or later

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS