Question Left Shift Key Problem.

Marfoot

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Hello, so I have an ASUS TUF A15 Gaming Laptop and its working good so far, the problem I have is with my left shift key button, the button works great when I test it on keyboard tester websites I tried many and the button works perfectly when I click or hold it, the issue is when I play games like VALORANT or CSGO I used my shift key to walk because that is my bind it doesn't work consistently sometimes it would respond and sometimes not, or the hold key would let go even though I'm still clicking on the button. I don't know what the problem could be I'm ssuming its a windows setting or a driver problem please help me. I can't afford to change the bind to another button I really want to know why the button doesn't work properly ingame. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. I would open up Device Manager(assuming you're on Windows OS) and see if anything is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark. You could try and manually reinstall your chipset drivers in an elevated command(again assuming you're on Windows OS).

You've mentioned two titles in your thread's body, have you tried any other titles?