Question Lenovo 7303 7303ALB M58e won't post boot no video

Aug 13, 2024
Hello

I have had a Lenovo 7303 7303ALB and I also believe it is referred to as a M58e for over 10 years and its been working fine.

Now it wouldn't seem to post / boot. I don't see bios video pop up nor any other video for example the bios video.

Typically I would get a single beep that means that all systems are clear but I an no longer getting that.

I unplugged and re plugged all the cables and connectors and that didn't help.

I removed both memory sticks and I got a constant loud beep, put the memory back in and the constant beep went away. So it is recognizing the memory.

I can force the pc off by holding down the power button for 5 or so seconds, so something is working on that end.

So perhaps my video is just bad?

I removed the CR2032 cmos battery and measured it with a voltmeter, ir measured 2.96V, I put in a new one that measured 3.3V . No change.

What else should I check?

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2024
update

I tried a ps/2 keyboard to see if that made a difference and still couldn't get into the bios and it still won't post or boot

I get nothing on the monitor, usually the bios info appears.

I also disconnected the dvd drive, hard drive and removed the wireless adapter card to see if that would make a difference and it didn't

not sure what is left to troubleshoot, perhaps the on board video failed..... I guess the power supply is ok...

I might remove the hard drive and toss the computer unless anyone has any ideas, I am happy to continue troubleshooting however ran out of ideas...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If using the Lenovo, you'll need to replace with the same model (or similar) PSU.

Look at your local Craigslist for these parts, as well. There are likely vendors carrying these PCs who may be able to source a replacement rig (for spare parts).

Aug 13, 2024
If using the Lenovo, you'll need to replace with the same model (or similar) PSU.

Look at your local Craigslist for these parts, as well. There are likely vendors carrying these PCs who may be able to source a replacement rig (for spare parts).
i just ordered one off of ebay

Aug 13, 2024
back to the issue with the computer

this morning I got a loud contant beep with both ram sticks installed, this never happened before,

i removed both ram sticks and got the constant beep put them back in and the constant beep went away

weird stuff is going on, so I am going to swap the power supply and it that doesn't do it I will toss the computer

just to confirm I get no video or boot.....

it is an ami bios in the lenovo thinkcenter

also what is the definition of no post? is it when it doesn't successful complete the bios boot cycle???

if I get a beep error code does that mean it completed the post and found and error, or does a beep mean that it found an error and didn't complete post?

thanks

Aug 13, 2024
Sounds like a possible CPU or motherboard failure. I assume nothing ever appears on screen. Is that correct?
correct noting even appears on the screen

the power button works, at least it powers up the cpu fan and if I hold it down for a fwe seconds I can power down the pc. Does this mean that the cpu is working?