Lenovo Announces Yoga 11S, Packs Intel CPU, Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
1600 x 900 should be the standard resolution, with options for higher ones.

Gettng sick of the 1366 x 768 displays.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Played with Yoga 13" over the holiday weekend, it was one of the best windows 8 tablet, period. Asus Taichi, and offerings from other OEMs are great in theory, but sucks in reality. I can totally see myself using Yoga.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]bugidugi[/nom]But what happens to the keyboard when u flip it??[/citation]

Keyboard gets disabled after you flipped it past a certain degree. Just like MS surface.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
3 pounds is way to heavy to be used as a tablet, people going to flip it an keep it placed on a desk and use it as a touch tablet? Most people do not need a forearm, bicep, triceps workout when using a tablet.

knew a few people interested in this, once I told them a few months ago that it was 3 pounds, it became a non-option.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]3 pounds is way to heavy to be used as a tablet, people going to flip it an keep it placed on a desk and use it as a touch tablet? Most people do not need a forearm, bicep, triceps workout when using a tablet.knew a few people interested in this, once I told them a few months ago that it was 3 pounds, it became a non-option.[/citation]
I don't recall a 3lb dumbbell being a workout. Most people can easily work with 20lb.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Fokissed[/nom]I don't recall a 3lb dumbbell being a workout. Most people can easily work with 20lb.[/citation]

Holding 3 pounds for long periods of time especially for people who do not workout is quite a chore.

There's a reason why tablets like the iPad, Samsung, Amazon, Google are a fraction of laptops and this lenovo.

By the way, even holding you arms out straight with 1 pound each for 2-3 minutes will get the average Joe and Jane feeling a burn in their shoulders and/or arms

What they need are 2 processors, one in the display and one in the keyboard dock.
When you take the screen off its becomes a normal tablet, lightweight (Arm processor, flash memory).
When you dock it with the keyboard dock, it has additional processing (i3/i5) and memory (SSD) to be used as a proper laptop, not some skimmpy 2-4 GB max laptop with a crappy processor and half-ass battery power that current hybrids have.

brent212

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Uh.... holding your empty hand out straight in front of you will begin to burn after a few minutes. Adding 2-3 pounds isn't going to have much, if any effect, and the difference between a 1.5 lb and 3 lb device is going to be even less noticeable.

And who the hell holds tablets with their arm straight out in front of them, elbow locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.