Lenovo Case Mod Appears to be Made of Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_Sky5000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
yea it looks cool (no pun intended)

@tsnorquist I only did 4 last year< i might slow down to 3 this year

@christop It was a a open contest to submit a design and i drew one up using google sketchup and they pick it and the fun began.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Hell will freeze I ever before I ever get one of those. You could say I am pretty cold towards this case. Just thinking about this one gives me the chills.
I'll think I'll put this one on ice. I'm sure it'll meet a frosty reception if it ever goes to retail.

[citation][nom]christop[/nom]How do you go about getting sponsored by a company like he did?[/citation]

He probably took it on his own to make the mod then found a Lenovo rep that would look at it...

OR, his sister married someone that knows someone that is high up in the company that was a nice guy/gal and put in a good word.

Yeah, thats it, the second one...

jj_Sky5000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
@tsnorquist it was funny, you didnt even know that i did 4 last year

@alyoshka The mb is lenovo with a hdmi output and surround sound lol Western digital Hard drive, intel 870 cpu ati 5970 gpu. Not sure lenovo didnt anything to prvent you from buying thier k320 series unless u dont like fast and awesoem gaming

@soundefx sure you would and i dont recommmend it

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]How do you go about getting sponsored by a company like he did?[/citation]

Most of the people on the mod-sites I've frequented who have managed it basically made a second job out of emails and letter-writing. I know www.bit-tech.net or www.thebestcasescenario.com had a guide on how to get sponsored, but I can't find it.

Essentially, you generally have to have some mods under your belt, with worklogs and followers. If you can convince them that A.) you have a proven track-record of finishing mods and B.) can get their product name exposure...you might get them to sponsor you to some degree.

Might.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i guess the mod is the icing on the cake for the show, but can it play bad company`s frostbite engine. or will it freeze up on you? if it do it got a heart made of ice. hope fully its running the new buldozzer so it can plow true the icy comments. if so Intel is soon to get a cold shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.