Lenovo Shows Off Its Razor-thin Thinkpad X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I love the well researched, thought out and respectful comments here at toms.

G

Still ugly. Lenovo books may have great specs, but their design is still so 90's.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jasman43[/nom]Still ugly. Lenovo books may have great specs, but their design is still so 90's.[/citation]

^
I agree 100%, they need more modern designs, they always stick to the same one, the college-owned laptops are Lenovo and like 6 years old, same layout.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]jasman43[/nom]Still ugly. Lenovo books may have great specs, but their design is still so 90's.[/citation]

They make business grade laptops...

taavi

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]^I agree 100%, they need more modern designs, they always stick to the same one, the college-owned laptops are Lenovo and like 6 years old, same layout.[/citation]

Lenovo X and T series laptops (and also some Dells, E series) are the only ones I can look at. Love the design, always have. Not all people want shiny surfaces, lots of leds and some "really innovative" design.

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
This laptop is not meant to look good to make home users eye happy, who dont care about internals and toughness . This laptop is made to be light , tough as hell , reliable and fast. And by the way , it looks still nice.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]izajasz[/nom]This laptop is not meant to look good to make home users eye happy, who dont care about internals and toughness . This laptop is made to be light , tough as hell , reliable and fast. And by the way , it looks still nice.[/citation]
Agreed, Lenovo are predominanty aimed at business users and its a seriously big market with deep pockets.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
As opposed to what, a shiny pink one that breaks if you close the lid too hard.

wcnighthawk

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
[citation][nom]fouker[/nom]beauty...this must cost a bomb[/citation]

Don't worry, it's not an Apple product so you won't be paying 2k+ for it.

G

To the ones complaining that the Thinkpad X1 looks old,it's a tool not a toy.It's made to go through hell and back without breaking down.
It also won't be cheap,try digging around some more on the net you'll find that this beauty will cost a lot,IIRC even more than a Macbook Air.

G

This makes much more sense to a business person to use then a Macbook Air. Its not really very hard to out spec Apple on any product and beat them on price and features. Its very much like Mercedes, people used to buy a Mercedes because of that Star on the hood. But their has always been better choices.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
They are made to last not to impress only people from the business department who have relied on them can appreciate the beauty of it, everyone else can't see past the aspect.
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]^I agree 100%, they need more modern designs, they always stick to the same one, the college-owned laptops are Lenovo and like 6 years old, same layout.[/citation]
And how will that exactly improve productivity, cause in businesses no one gets payed for looking good.

Even the disk based HDD models have a driver and a movement sensor that parks the HDD heads in a fraction of a second as the laptop moves trough the air basically having the heads packed on impact.
[citation][nom]fouker[/nom]beauty...this must cost a bomb[/citation]
Yip pretty much all business edditions start at 1000$ onward.
[citation][nom]wcnighthawk[/nom]Don't worry, it's not an Apple product so you won't be paying 2k+ for it.[/citation]
Yes they do and even more for the W series. This is serious stuff apple is for home users this is for Actual Work.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I've personally been using several models, T500, T510, T60, T61, X200, X201. Nothing beats them in reliability, battery life, and general toughness.
Unless you show me a laptop that you can kick trough the air into a wall as hard as you can, then pick it up dust it off and continue working as if nothing happened.
All business class laptops are coated with a black non-shiny rubbery surface so they don't slip from you're sweaty hands regardless how you hold them.

Fecal Face

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put THINKPAD on the bottom right of the inside AND the outside should be shot

twice

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
This thin Thinkpad X1 should be a suitable cheaper alternative for Mac Book Air, if Mac OS x isn’t needed. But still hope it can be Hachintoshed.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
WOW! But does it not scratch??? Get a new woman if you like your things, as paying a premium for something sweet only to have it scratched is NOT a match made in Heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.