Lenovo Y700-17ISK - Intel Turbo Boost

alexch

Honorable
Mar 6, 2015
Recently, I bought the Y700-17ISK by Lenovo with FreeDOS. I deleted FreeDOS, and installed Windows 10 Pro (with legal license of course). Right now, the processor (i5 6300HQ) is running at 2,3Ghz. However, I cant enable intel turbo boost because there is not such service in Windows services (even when I open them with administration rights), and I cant find something in the BIOS. Moreover, Lenovo support prompted me to install Windows 10 home, as this may be the cause, but I see it quite unlikely, and whatsmore I dont have a license for 10 home but for 10 pro..
Not to forget, I have installed the Intel CPU drivers, but still no Intel Turbo boost..

Is there anything else I can do?

Solution
Turbo boost is automatic, there's no Windows service that controls it. 2.8GHz is what your CPU can turbo to on 4 cores when power limitations and temperature allow for it. You'll only see up to 3.2GHz on one core.

Titanforall

Respectable
Feb 18, 2016

Try this go Control panel -- then power options - choose high performance -- then do a stress test CPU if it helps then good to go

alexch

Honorable
Mar 6, 2015
When I use HeavyLoad to load CPU to 100%, windows taskamananger says 2,8ghz. Is that logical? Is taskmanager measurments reliable? Whatsmore, according to Intel, this CPU should reach 3,2 ghz or so.