Lens reflector

I was reading a good book on digital cameras and it mentioned holding a
mirror up to the lens to take shots of subjects while they (or whatever)
were unaware of the shot being taken. I remember years ago of seeing a 45
degree mirror advertised for that very purpose. Are these things still on
the market for say a 58mm filter thread?

Google Squintar. A friend of mine had one of these many years ago and they
work!!
"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
I was reading a good book on digital cameras and it mentioned holding a
mirror up to the lens to take shots of subjects while they (or whatever)
were unaware of the shot being taken. I remember years ago of seeing a 45
degree mirror advertised for that very purpose. Are these things still on
the market for say a 58mm filter thread?

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:32:37 -0400, "Hu Ru" <secretasianman@usa.com> found
these unused words floating about:

>Google Squintar. A friend of mine had one of these many years ago and they
>work!!
>"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>I was reading a good book on digital cameras and it mentioned holding a
>mirror up to the lens to take shots of subjects while they (or whatever)
>were unaware of the shot being taken. I remember years ago of seeing a 45
>degree mirror advertised for that very purpose. Are these things still on
>the market for say a 58mm filter thread?

Needs to be a "first surface" mirror.

BINGO!! Thank you.