[SOLVED] LG 24MP59G screen flickering/brightness issue

ruslanegotin

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
I recently started to notice that something was wrong with my monitor. It started to flicker but it doesnt go completely black. The screen starts to loose brightness and return it it almost looks like its fighting the darkness :D. So i played with the monitor control settings(LG's software), updated the drivers since it was showing as a PnP Generic something in the device manager, tried changing the HDMI cable but nothing helped. I found nothing on google or the manuals either.. It fixes for a bit when i turn it off/on or when i unplug and plug it back in. When trying to change the brightness nothing happens except the "flickering". Sometimes when it gets really "intense" or when i dont try anything to fix it it goes completely black then it keeps comming back and turning black. I switched off the "smart energy saving" option in the monitor control software but it didn't help. I havent tried connecting it with a display port cuz i simply don't have a display port cable or connecting it to other PC/GPU.
I'm looking forward for your replies!
Thanks in advance!

Solution
I recently started to notice that something was wrong with my monitor. It started to flicker but it doesnt go completely black. The screen starts to loose brightness and return it it almost looks like its fighting the darkness :D. So i played with the monitor control settings(LG's software), updated the drivers since it was showing as a PnP Generic something in the device manager, tried changing the HDMI cable but nothing helped. I found nothing on google or the manuals either.. It fixes for a bit when i turn it off/on or when i unplug and plug it back in. When trying to change the brightness nothing happens except the "flickering". Sometimes when it gets really "intense" or when i dont try anything to fix it it goes completely...
Oct 17, 2019
I recently started to notice that something was wrong with my monitor. It started to flicker but it doesnt go completely black. The screen starts to loose brightness and return it it almost looks like its fighting the darkness :D. So i played with the monitor control settings(LG's software), updated the drivers since it was showing as a PnP Generic something in the device manager, tried changing the HDMI cable but nothing helped. I found nothing on google or the manuals either.. It fixes for a bit when i turn it off/on or when i unplug and plug it back in. When trying to change the brightness nothing happens except the "flickering". Sometimes when it gets really "intense" or when i dont try anything to fix it it goes completely black then it keeps comming back and turning black. I switched off the "smart energy saving" option in the monitor control software but it didn't help. I havent tried connecting it with a display port cuz i simply don't have a display port cable or connecting it to other PC/GPU.
I'm looking forward for your replies!
Thanks in advance!
try changing the adapter, i have this issue too my monitor is flickering on bottom side of the screen, it has a green and black layer, so i tried to turn of free sync and it works for about a couple minutes and the flickering issue is back, also i try to change the HDMI cable but nothing works, maybe it was the adapter

Solution