Question LGA771 to 775 mod

LuKaWin10

Great
May 6, 2024
Hello everyone, I am planning on doing the LGA771 to 775 mod for Xeons. I would like to go from the Q9550 to a Xeon (possibly a E5450 or X5460). But I would need some stuff: the sticker, CPU obviously, and modding the 775 socket plastic part (which with my imprecise hands will be impossible xD, but I will be careful and use a dead cpu as a fix to not bend pins). I can easily buy everything off of AliExpress, but I would like someone to send me the things ofcourse so I buy them in the future (before Christmas!). I am thinking of modding it for fun. I will say my specs now
PSU: Eurocase 350x 350W PSU PFC ATX 2.02 P4 (loll), planning on going for a MAG A650BN
CPU: Q9550
GPU: GT 730
RAM: 2X1 Kingston 333 MHz and 2X1 GB PQI CORP 400 MHz 4 GB total (planning on upgrading to 8 GB 800 MHz)
Motherboard: P35-DS3 rev 2.1
Cooler: AIGO ICE200PRO
I think that is all you really need, btw I also need the BIOS microcode for my board or someone can show me a way to mod my BIOS file so it includes microcodes for Xeons.

Thanks to my friend for helping with tags.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but I would like someone to send me the things
I already did that, in your previous topic.

This one, to jog your memory: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ga775-mod-for-xeons-to-fit-on-lga775.3852906/

btw I also need the BIOS microcode for my board or someone can show me a way to mod my BIOS file so it includes microcodes for Xeons.
What "fun" it is, when you ask someone else to do everything for you? :rolleyes:
The discussion i linked in your previous topic, in the 1st post, after you click on "Explanation", it expands the full conversion guide with pics to guide you along. Go read that and have "fun".