Question Lian Li LANCOOL 215 or Cooler Master MasterBox MB511?

Jun 30, 2024
I'm undecided between those two and don't have much experience with PC cases, so I'd like to know you guys' opinions.

I'm going to build with an i9 14900K CPU and 7900 XTX GPU. I'd like to add a 360mm aio cooler as well, and a 1050W~1250W PSU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Both are very similar, with little diff. 360mm rad will fit into either one. No word about PSU clearance for either though.

Since choosing a PC case is a personal choice, pick the one that you like the most.

Jun 30, 2024
I'm leaning towards the lian li one. There's a Gamers Nexus video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un82B93xKOE
) that says putting a 360mm aio in the front is a bad idea though, but from what I understood it's only because it "adds noise" and you lose surface space for doing so. I don't mind noise much since I've used loud laptops for years, so I'm used to it. As for the space, what exactly would I be losing that could be put into that space instead?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but from what I understood it's only because it "adds noise" and you lose surface space for doing so.
As for the space, what exactly would I be losing that could be put into that space instead?
What Steve is talking about regarding surface space is, that the included 2x 200mm intake fans aren't designed to that case. Instead, the case is designed for 120/140mm fans and you'd be loosing ~30% of airflow surface area, since the case metal blocks that much of the 200mm fans (namely sides).

Also, 200mm fan hub (motor) is big and it, in turn, reduces even more airflow surface, especially to the rad. And since you can't relocate 200mm fans, you either keep them solely for eyecandy, or remove them to replace with 120/140mm fans. But in the latter case, it beats the point of why buying that case in the 1st place. 200mm fans are nice to look at and most people would buy it just for the nice big fans.

360mm rad at the font has clearance up to 70mm rad thickness. So, this is something to consider.

Another thing is, that due to the PSU shroud, you essentially need to mount the rad with tubing up. This is not advised since it can lead to increased noise and reduced cooling, whereby where the air inside the loop will make it's way to the pump, creating bubbling noise and reducing pump's cooling performance (namely heat transfer).

All-in-all, LanCool 215 is a cheap case with useless 200mm fans (unless you value eyecandy a lot). It also has issues with cable routing holes, space for the PSU and power cables and poor clearance for bottom intake. But it's cheap, so, who cares about it's issues, right? :D