[SOLVED] Lian Li O11 Dynamic Vertical GPU Mount

Cem Goker

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hello! I am planning to make a build in the future with a vertical GPU mounting in mind.
My current specs are:
CPU: i7-4770K @4.3Ghz OC
Motherboard: MSI Z87M Gaming
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 Plus
RAM: Patriot Viper 16GB Dual @2133MHz XMP-enabled
Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 Evo, 250GB Samsung 860 Evo, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, WD 1TB Caviar Black, WD 1TB Caviar Blue
Case: NZXT S340 Elite

I already bought an O11 Dynamic Black, and currently waiting for Intel's Comet Lake-S (particularly the i7-10700K) to arrive. I will be doing a full upgrade by this year while keeping a few of the SSDs to make them a gaming and OS storage. I will also be getting the next-gen Nvidia GPU on the 80 series line (if its actually going to be called then an RTX 3080 from ASUS).

Currently, I only have 2 options for vertical mounting: Phanteks Vertical GPU holder bracket kit PH-VGPUKT_01 , and the Cooler Master Vertical GPU Holder Kit MCA-U000R-KFVK00. I have read about these vertical mount kits on reddit but I am not really satisfied with the information that was put in there so now I turn to you people that have experience using these kits. Will I need to do any modding on the case or the vertical mounts? Which in your opinion and experience is the best?

Phaaze88

Distinguished
Ambassador
Not necessarily. The O11 dynamic has quite a bit of space in front of the PCI slots, which isn't going to choke it.
Vertical space, yes.
Horizontal space, not so much. A 2-3 slot card is going to be fairly close to the side panel window; the standard fan models aren't going to take that too well. Liquid cooled and blower gpus are going to be better in tighter spaces.

The H500P Mesh I'm currently using offers more horizontal space available than the O11 Dynamic does; an air cooled V-gpu setup would fare better in it than the O11.

Reactions: extreme_noob

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS