Limited bandwidth on netgear d6300

Spikeypanda1

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
hello guys

This is my last ditch effort of finding out if it is possible to limit the bandwidth of people on my network using the router settings. I currently have about 7 people on my network all with laptops ipads, iphones etc on the network. where as there are only a few computer using LAN. The problem with this is whenever one person is downloading/watching YouTube or anything that is the slightest bit intensive everybody else's network connection becomes a lot slower. I have tried Qos but that still doesn't seem to work when the network is under heavy load (All users web browsing). I also have a WiFi extender if that is causing any trouble. The real aim of this is to limit the users that are using the wifi and provide more bandwidth to the users who are using the lan.

As i live in Australia the connection i have is not very good only about 500 kb/s or so.

I have also tried looking at custom firmware for my router for a more advanced try at it but have not found anything as of yet. The only thing i have found is that dd-rt is compatible with the netgear R6300, and the only difference i can find between these two routers are the name.

Router model : Netgear d6300-100AUS

Thankyou in advance

Solution
500 kb/s connection + 7 people (10+ devices) = too many people!
There simply isn't enough bandwidth to support that much use.

You could poke around in dd-wrt, but bottom line is...your pipe is simply too small.

Spikeypanda1

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015

Yeah man that what was thinking next. lucky good old tony abbot * up our nbn chances by another 2 years hey?

Oh well if anybody else has some suggestions of limiting people then keep em coming, i really only care about ping in online games, mainly counter strike..