My Epson Stylus Photo 720 has been putting red lines across everything
I print and nothing I"ve tried has fixed the problem. I have put a
scan I made of a photo printed on plain paper with the 720 on the site
below.

http://www.geocities.com/mjmm_au/file0018.jpg

Any suggestions what is cauing the problem?

Thanks
Mike

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:32:04 GMT, mmjmm@ozemail.com.au wrote:

>My Epson Stylus Photo 720 has been putting red lines across everything
>I print and nothing I"ve tried has fixed the problem. I have put a
>scan I made of a photo printed on plain paper with the 720 on the site
>below.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/mjmm_au/file0018.jpg
>
>Any suggestions what is cauing the problem?
>
>Thanks
>Mike

Ah... The wonderful world of epson. Looks like red is stuck on
continuously. There's an epson utility program that may fix it...
Anyone got that link?

Allan.

In article <mb10f0152cakldmgs9e5hb6lagpg1h0fo9@4ax.com>,
justallan@COLDhotmail.com (Just Allan) wrote:

> Looks like red is stuck on continuously.

The 720 doesn't use red ink.

If you convert the image to CMYK and look at each channel in isolation,
you'll see that some of the magenta and cyan jets are certainly firing all
the time. The yellow may also be affected but, as there seems to be much
less yellow than magenta and cyan, it's possible that that's down to the
colour accuracy of the scan and the colour-space conversions
(CMYK->RGB->CMYK). Running a nozzle test print might be more revealing.

You say that nothing you've tried has fixed the problem but don't say what
you've tried.

Have you tried a different printer cable? Cables are usually the first
thing to suspect with any computer-to-peripheral problem.

Have you tried removing the colour cartridge and cleaning the contacts on
both the cartridge and the printer? Something may be shorting across some
of them.

Jon.

Jon O'Brien wrote:
> In article <mb10f0152cakldmgs9e5hb6lagpg1h0fo9@4ax.com>,
> justallan@COLDhotmail.com (Just Allan) wrote:
>
>> Looks like red is stuck on continuously.
>
> The 720 doesn't use red ink.

I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually such a
thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the difference.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:41:50 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

>Jon O'Brien wrote:
>> In article <mb10f0152cakldmgs9e5hb6lagpg1h0fo9@4ax.com>,
>> justallan@COLDhotmail.com (Just Allan) wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like red is stuck on continuously.
>>
>> The 720 doesn't use red ink.
>
>I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually such a
>thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the difference.

Picky, picky.

Just Allan wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:41:50 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:
>
>> Jon O'Brien wrote:

>>> The 720 doesn't use red ink.
>>
>> I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually
>> such a thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the
>> difference.
>
> Picky, picky.

Not at all. My printer has both red and magenta cartridges. If I call the
magenta "red", does that mean I call the red "magenta"?

In article <EZeIc.1143$pP1.1096@fe48.usenetserver.com>, misstick@lancre.dw
(Miss Perspicacia Tick) wrote:

> I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually such a
> thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the difference.

Hence my comment.

Jon.

In article <bak1f0d61go069511j65nb3bouh8umtv5o@4ax.com>,
justallan@COLDhotmail.com (Just Allan) wrote:

> >> The 720 doesn't use red ink.
> >
> >I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually such a
> >thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the difference.
>
> Picky, picky.

Vagueness leads to misunderstandings and is not helpful when trying to
diagnose a problem.

As those of you who know the Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister TV
programmes will recognise, however, this is one of those irregular verbs:

I'm exacting
He's picky
You're being bloody awkward

;-)

Jon.

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> Just Allan wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:41:50 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
>><misstick@lancre.dw> wrote:

>>>I think by "red" he meant magenta, though as there* is* actually
>>>such a thing as red ink these days, people should really learn the
>>>difference.
>>
>>Picky, picky.
>

> Not at all. My printer has both red and magenta cartridges. If I call the
> magenta "red", does that mean I call the red "magenta"?

"Arthur"

TRENDING THREADS