Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Is there anyway to connect a ps2 to my pc monitor. My wife wants it out of
the livingroon and without getting another tv the monitor is my only option.
Is there an adaptor of some sort available in the uk.
Cheers all. Jim

"Jimbo" <wertwe@Wertwert.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to connect a ps2 to my pc monitor. My wife wants it out of
> the livingroon and without getting another tv the monitor is my only
> option. Is there an adaptor of some sort available in the uk.
> Cheers all. Jim

How big is your monitor, I'm guessing no more than 20" and a 20" Tube
television is dirtcheap especially at Wal-Mart or a pawn shop.

24"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2601426&cat=136944&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A172479%3A3996%3A179875

20"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2601205&cat=136944&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A172479%3A3996%3A179875

Sean Scott wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> How big is your monitor, I'm guessing no more than 20" and a 20" Tube
> television is dirtcheap especially at Wal-Mart or a pawn shop.

Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any adaptors
are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

"Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
> Sean Scott wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>
>> How big is your monitor, I'm guessing no more than 20" and a 20" Tube
>> television is dirtcheap especially at Wal-Mart or a pawn shop.
>
> Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any adaptors
> are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
> Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(
>
> --
> Glenn Shaw . Indianapolis, IN USA

They deliver ;p Not sure about the television formats though.

Sean Scott wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> They deliver ;p

From the US to the UK? I'd hate to see the shipping bill.... :)

> Not sure about the television formats though.

IIRC, the US video signal format, NTSC, isn't compatible with PAL, the
format in common use in the UK, so a US NTSC set wouldn't work with a PAL
PS2 without some sort of converter.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

"Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
> Sean Scott wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>
>> How big is your monitor, I'm guessing no more than 20" and a 20" Tube
>> television is dirtcheap especially at Wal-Mart or a pawn shop.
>
> Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any adaptors
> are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
> Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(

I understand Sean's jump to a conclusion since it is usually only American
women that are that bossy and infringing on male rights. God help us if it
has gone international.

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

The problem is space. Have a 19' mon which is big enuf. A dont mind cutting
some wires to make things work. Am game for a laugh. But the adaptor would
make things a tad easier.
Cheers Guys.
"Sean Scott" <Its@secret> wrote in message

> "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
>> Sean Scott wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>>
>>> How big is your monitor, I'm guessing no more than 20" and a 20" Tube
>>> television is dirtcheap especially at Wal-Mart or a pawn shop.
>>
>> Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any
>> adaptors
>> are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
>> Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Shaw . Indianapolis, IN USA
>
> They deliver ;p Not sure about the television formats though.

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Sorry guys. Feel like a bit of a fanny now. Did a little detective work and
came up with this.
http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=409

50 quid but cheaper than the price of another tele. Thanks again for the
help.

Cheers Jim

> The problem is space. Have a 19' mon which is big enuf. A dont mind
> cutting some wires to make things work. Am game for a laugh. But the
> adaptor would make things a tad easier.
> Cheers Guys.
> "Sean Scott" <Its@secret> wrote in message
>>
>> "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message

>>> Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any
>>> adaptors
>>> are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
>>> Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glenn Shaw . Indianapolis, IN USA
>>
>> They deliver ;p Not sure about the television formats though.

"Jimbo" <wertwe@Wertwert.com> wrote in message
> The problem is space. Have a 19' mon which is big enuf. A dont mind
> cutting some wires to make things work. Am game for a laugh. But the
> adaptor would make things a tad easier.
> Cheers Guys.

Sorry about that I thought the problem was the G/F or Wife not wanting the
PS2 in the family room. If it was space instead nvm. Glad you found what
you were looking for (referring to next post).

> "Sean Scott" <Its@secret> wrote in message
>>
>> "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message

>>> Um, Sean, it seems to me that the OP is in the UK (he asks if any
>>> adaptors
>>> are available there, so I'm presuming that he lives there). If so, your
>>> Wal-Mart links won't be of any help to him. :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glenn Shaw . Indianapolis, IN USA
>>
>> They deliver ;p Not sure about the television formats though.

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Well its a slimline model(ps2 not wife) and she just wants it out of the
livingroom. Suppose it gives me more of a chance to play the games she
doesn't like, eg Vice City and such like.
Ta anyway. Jim