Links to Freeware Update September 9, 2004.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

This is an update of the new, the updated and the removed links
on Links to Freeware at http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/ or
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or
http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/ (currently 1849 working links
available).

NEW additions are ...

---- In the FREEWARE section ----

CastleCops (3 dots)
http://computercops.biz/downloads.html
Besides a lot of shareware utilities, concerning computer safety
and security, also some freeware ones available here.

Claros Project (1 dot)
http://www.claros.org/
Three freeware Java-based programs: Claros Webmail, Claros
Downloader and Claros Anonymizer.

Emulators Online (2 dots)
http://www.emulators.com/download.htm
Freeware Mac and Atari emulators for Windows and DOS available
here.
{Also in the FREEWARE - DOS section}

Free software at IRNIS.NET (3 dots)
http://www.irnis.net/free.shtml
Some freeware utilities - CheckSum Verifier, CheckSum Calculator,
IP Locator, and more - and a couple of Delphi components.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

Free Software from Larry McDavid (1 dot)
http://www.geocities.com/ljmcdavid/
Three freeware programs: Index, Reminder and Balance.

GoldFiles (3 dots)
http://www.goldfiles.com/
Various freeware - and some spyware! - programs, games and
screensavers on this site.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section and in the FREEWARE -
SCREENSAVERS section}

Home of CryptMage (2 dots)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/darbak/
Besides CryptMagic also a couple of other freeware utilities here.

iamcal software (3 dots)
http://software.iamcal.com/
A nice site with a nice collection of useful freeware utilities.

IntelliTamper Homepage (2 dots)
http://www.intellitamper.com/index.php
Five freeware utilities: IntelliTamper, ProxyBag, Themis, WebSwoon
and Words Extractor.

Karsten Koch (2 dots)
http://www.aufgang.org/koch/homepage/software.asp
Five freeware programs: Todi Outlook 2000 Add-In, D-Vinyl Tool, BPM
Counter, Nectarine Requester and Namengenerator.

Marianne Wartoft (2 dots)
http://www.aw.nu/startsida/index_eng.asp
A couple of freeware language-orientated programs and games here.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section}

RTSoftware (1 dot)
http://www.rtsoftware.org/
Besides a shareware utility, also three freeware ones - Gates
Keeper, Jazz-UPX and Crypto-Lock - and a screensaver.
{Also in the FREEWARE - SCREENSAVERS section}

scar5 Software (1 dot)
http://www.scar5.com/
Two freeware applications: IE Xtreme and Simple File Shredder.

www.olliholliday.co.uk (2 dots)
http://www.olliholliday.co.uk/
A couple of freeware applications and utilities: RenamerFairy,
photoAlbum, Colour Picker, and more.

zeniko's software (3 dots)
http://www.geocities.com/helmi79/software/software.html
A couple of freeware home-made 'Boomer-sized' programs - QuickPad,
NoSleep!, Break-O-Mat, and others - and a couple of freeware
development tools.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

In the FREEWARE - LINUX section:

Alcaron: Software (1 dot)
http://users.senet.com.au/~alcaron/software.html
One freeware application - Spectrum Analyzer Dockapp. - and a
breakout game for Linux.

Free Software I wrote (3 dots)
http://www.david-guembel.de/os.html
Home-made freeware and open source software for Linux.

Some software I wrote (2 dots)
http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/software.html
Some small freeware utilities for Linux systems.

In the FREEWARE - DOS section:

Software by krisku (2 dots)
http://www.tf.hut.fi/~krisku/soft/
A couple of freeware DOS utilities, written by a nice guy.

In the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section:

Ciansoft (1 dot)
http://www.ciansoft.com/default.asp
Three freeware ActiveX components for developers.

---- EARLIER reported OFFLINE, back online again ----

In the FREEWARE section:

Gasanov.net
http://www.gasanov.net/
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

PPSoft.dk (danish)
http://www.ppsoft.dk/

-----------------------------
---- REMOVED links ----
-----------------------------

From the FREEWARE section:

ArsWare.org
http://arsware.org/
{404 - not found}
{Also from the FREEWARE - SCREENSAVERS section}

Dutch Dictionary Project (dutch)
http://www.freelang.net/
{404 - not found}

Jackass JoeJoe's stupid utilities
http://jackass.arsware.org/
{404 - not found}

MTI
http://emailemailemail.com/download.htm
{404 - not found}

--------------
---- Note ----
--------------

Links are removed from my page when I have tried
for 4 times to reach them without any success.

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands
http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Henk de Jong wrote:
> This is an update of the new, the updated and the removed links
> on Links to Freeware at http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/ or
> http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or
> http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/ (currently 1849 working links
> available).

> Marianne Wartoft (2 dots)
> http://www.aw.nu/startsida/index_eng.asp
> A couple of freeware language-orientated programs and games here.

Selingua Columns - play a Tetris-style game and learn German,
Spanish, French and Swedish!
Seterra - a geography program. Learn about countries, states, flags,
cities and capitals all over the world!
Sephonics - learn the English phonetic alphabet (IPA). Freeware!
Sebran - teaches your children letters, numbers, simple math, and
rudiments of reading. Multilingual

> Alcaron: Software (1 dot)
> http://users.senet.com.au/~alcaron/software.html
> One freeware application - Spectrum Analyzer Dockapp. - and a
> breakout game for Linux.

GNOME Breakout
A clone of the classic arcade game Breakout, written for GNOME.

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Henk de Jong <freewarelinksNOSPAM@linkstofreeware.fol.nl> wrote in

<snipped>

Henk,

> Dutch Dictionary Project (dutch)
> http://www.freelang.net/
> {404 - not found}

OK here.

Tony

rod

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Tony Cheroke <acherokeDROP@MEverizon.net> wrote in

> Henk de Jong <freewarelinksNOSPAM@linkstofreeware.fol.nl> wrote in
>
> <snipped>
>
> Henk,
>>
>> Dutch Dictionary Project (dutch)
>> http://www.freelang.net/
>> {404 - not found}
>
> OK here.

Henk, looks like your DNS-server(s) are messing up again. Link is working
fine here. If I were you I would seriously consider to say byebye to @home.

--
Rod

Listening to: http://www.stubru.be/luisterlive/streams/high.html

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Tony Cheroke <acherokeDROP@MEverizon.net> wrote:

>> Dutch Dictionary Project (dutch)
>> http://www.freelang.net/

This is the best offline dictionary I have ever seen, easy to download
and install, easy to use, and it has support for many languages.

The only possible drawback is that it uses english as the main language,
there is no way to translate between spanish and dutch, for example,
only english-dutch/dutch-english and english-spanish/spanish-english.
But for somebody who knows english it is perfect.

--
Roger J.

Rod wrote on 10-9-2004 :
> Tony Cheroke <acherokeDROP@MEverizon.net> wrote in
>
>> Henk de Jong <freewarelinksNOSPAM@linkstofreeware.fol.nl> wrote in
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> Henk,
>>>
>>> Dutch Dictionary Project (dutch)
>>> http://www.freelang.net/
>>> {404 - not found}
>>
>> OK here.
>>

> Henk, looks like your DNS-server(s) are messing up again. Link is working
> fine here. If I were you I would seriously consider to say byebye to @home.

No, it isn't. I already noticed this yesterday evening. I only forgot
to mention this in here. I'll add this one to my list again with my
next update.

With kind regards,

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I also noticed that ArsWare.org was not available. Has anyone had any luck?
Jackass JoeJoe and ArsWare had a number of nice utilities.

BillR wrote:
> "Henk de Jong" <freewarelinksNOSPAM@linkstofreeware.fol.nl> wrote in
> message news:Xns955FD0CE6839hmdejongNOSPAMhetnet@130.133.1.4...
>
>> ArsWare.org
>> http://arsware.org/
>> {404 - not found}
>
>> Jackass JoeJoe's stupid utilities
>> http://jackass.arsware.org/
>> {404 - not found}

> I also noticed that ArsWare.org was not available. Has anyone had
> any luck? Jackass JoeJoe and ArsWare had a number of nice utilities.

ArsWare.org is history, see:
<http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=99609816&m
=389006585631>

Jackass JoeJoe's utilities now at http://www.joejoesoft.com/
bCheck's apps now at http://apps.bcheck.net/
CoolMon now at http://www.coolmon.org/

Other authors can maybe found ...? Waybackmachine:
<http://web.archive.org/web/20030919164638/http://www.arsware.org/>

--
Cheers,
Sietse Fliege