Question Linksys EA7300 can't log into firmware.

stchman

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
Hello all. I have a Linksys EA7300 router. I cannot get into the firmware unless I do a hard reset. If I try to log into the router it just spins for a LONG time and them goes back to the login screen.

I have seen that some other folks out there are having the same difficulty, but there appears to not be a workable solution.

I have a .bin file that I created that is a backup of the firmware settings so I can get back up and running.

Does anyone on the forum know a fix for this problem?

Thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you using a Linksys firmware or a 3rd party firmware?

Have you performed a hard reset of the router and then updating to the most current firmware available for your device?

Are you attempting to connect via a wired or wireless interface?

Last, do you have the Linksys app on a smartphone and have you tried using it to access the router?

stchman

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
Are you using a Linksys firmware or a 3rd party firmware?

Have you performed a hard reset of the router and then updating to the most current firmware available for your device?

Are you attempting to connect via a wired or wireless interface?

Last, do you have the Linksys app on a smartphone and have you tried using it to access the router?
Stock firmware.

Twice doing a factory reset on router, I have the latest firmware.

The app on my phone is really spotty to access the router.

I log into the router via the 192.168.1.1.

After FINALLY speaking with tech support at Linksys it turns out that you HAVE to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account. After doing that you need to then connect the router to your account.

At least the good thing is that you can disable remote access in the router firmware.