Linksys Router Connected but no Internet

jecann

Honorable
Dec 7, 2016
Does anyone have any advice on correcting this internet issue I'm having? All my devices stay connected with good signal, but I loose the ability to use the internet. I have to restart my router every 2 hours.

I have just purchased and installed the Aaris Surfoard SB6190 Modem, and the Linksys WRT 3200ACM Router. After speaking with Linksys tech support, they have done some troubleshooting, but nothing has worked yet. Mainly I've tried different channel settings for the 2.4 Ghz band (ex. 1,3,6,9,11). Same problems with all channels.

The hard ethernet connections remain, but the wireless drops out.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
I found the solution. My ethernet connection from the pc didn't go straight to the router, it went to my VOIP office phone input, and then from the VOIP output to the router. Once I changed this it was fixed.

Also, Linksys tech support disabled IPV-6 in one of the settings, maybe that was the fix to, because they told me Comcast is still using IPV-4.

jecann

Honorable
Dec 7, 2016
I found the solution. My ethernet connection from the pc didn't go straight to the router, it went to my VOIP office phone input, and then from the VOIP output to the router. Once I changed this it was fixed.

Also, Linksys tech support disabled IPV-6 in one of the settings, maybe that was the fix to, because they told me Comcast is still using IPV-4.

Solution