Linksys WUSB600N Trouble

failure5

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I am having trouble staying connected to my network with my Linksys WUSB600N wireless adapter. I am currently using a Linksys Wireless G router as my router in the house and connected wirelessly throughout the house I have; Mac Powerbook, Dell Laptop, PS3, Wii, and sometimes friends laptops too.

The only thing I ever have trouble with and have to powercycle my router with is the Wireless adapter I have on my PC. My PC is in the opposite corner of the house but reports full signal and it used to be 10 feet from the router with similar results.

Half the time it just shows the little ball going back and fourth to try to connect to the router (on the taskbar icon) the other half it will say that it is connected on the Linksys taskbar icon, but is attempting on the other wireless icon...or vice versa.

I have disabled my on board Ethernet connections, and sometimes going to 'Repair Wireless Connection' works...but mostly then it will have trouble verifying the IP address.

The only thing I can think of is that it is because the wireless adapter on my PC is an N adapter, but it also works on the G bandwidth.

Any and all help would be great, its a pain trying to do updates when it disconnects all the time.

scaye

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
Sounds like both programs are trying to control connecting the Adapter to the router. I would uninstall the linksys software for connecting and see if it will just do it with the windows program.

failure5

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Disabled the Linksys program. The adapter stays connected better, but much...much slower, and stops loading pages constantly even though it says it is connected.

scaye

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
Have you power cycled the router? It sounds like it's bogged down. If you stay connected, but pages are slow or time out, it's normally that. Don't know how long you have had the router, but it could be going on you.

Are all your computers connected via wireless? When the laptop is slow is the Desktop slow as well? If both are, try a cable to the laptop and see if it pulls pages fine.

Have you updated your OS? You could be looking at a driver issue.

failure5

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
The router is maybe 3 years old. But currently WiFi on it I have; Mac Powerbook, PS3, computer, and my Wii. Hardwired I have my Xbox 360.

It usually bogs down to power cycling the router. With the Linksys software disabled, when it slows down on loading pages and completely stops, I have to go to the taskbar and "Repair" connection. It'll work for a little bit after that, but then it will stop loading pages.

I think it all boils down to the compatibility of the Wireless-N adapter trying to connect to the G router.

I've known for a while that I need to upgrade my router but I want one by Cisco that operates on both N and G at the same time. I do plan on upgrading most of my equipment to N, but my Wii has its wireless built in and so does the PS3 and laptop.

I would rather have it hardwired, but my duplex does not have cable in my office and I dont want to buy another modem... :(