[SOLVED] LINUX Problem in HP Notebook

suwash

Honorable
Apr 24, 2014
Hello everyone!!! I am being fed up due to this problem. I have tried everything i could do. I have tried installing every linux in my notebook but each of them gave me the same error. At every bootup, it encounters a warning saying ata2: COMRESET FAILED (errorno (-32)). And the boot load time is extremely slow. The login screen appears only after waiting 20-25 minutes from boot time. I am not able to get any solution. Please somebody help me with this. This have ruined my entire time. Please help me.

Look at this screenshot for error:
https://prnt.sc/tfpeq2
https://cloud.sudiprijal.com.np/index.php/s/uW9abRu0dFpqKGj

My laptop specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System Model: HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Graphics: AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8670M

Solution
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Usually the error due to COMRESET being a SATA protocol, so it can either be due to the SATA connector or the motherboard itself. Try disassembling the laptop and detaching the connector from the port so that you would be able to more easily clean it, in case dust and other residues were to cause a build up of foreign materials that gathered between its spacing. Next re-attach the connector on the port. If all goes well the probelm should be solved. If not, however, it would not hurt to perform a BIOS update.
Jun 3, 2020
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Usually the error due to COMRESET being a SATA protocol, so it can either be due to the SATA connector or the motherboard itself. Try disassembling the laptop and detaching the connector from the port so that you would be able to more easily clean it, in case dust and other residues were to cause a build up of foreign materials that gathered between its spacing. Next re-attach the connector on the port. If all goes well the probelm should be solved. If not, however, it would not hurt to perform a BIOS update.

Solution