[SOLVED] Lion OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The new release of OS X will be available via all normal Apple outlets (on-line and brick and mortar). No reason to assume otherwise.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Going from how the old OS upgrade was priced, I would assume the usual $30 for an upgrade DVD. Considering that an OS install is fairly large and time consuming, I would imagine it to be for sale retail only. So far I don't think anyone has ever tried marketing an OS upgrade through online sales alone, it would just limit the customer base too much. As said earlier, regrettably there still exist internet providers that have rather tight data caps per month and an OS upgrade I would imagine to be in the 4-7gig range.

p.s. How do you like your new macbook? I remember you were unsure if you should return it and buy the refresh after the new model was released about 3 weeks after you bought yours.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for asking me. I like it quite a bit.the new i5 processor is faster loading pages I notice now compare to the core 2 duo one I had. Also the weight seems to be a trifle lighter. Thirty dollars is really cheap to buy this DVD.Windows OS are much more expensive than this.Good response to me.Marv

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I am asking as I was approached by someone who wanted to sell me a clone disc of the new Lion OS for $30 which i said to him forget it.this to me was a shady deal for fast money.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
It's bizarre indeed. It goes with the apple theme though: we don't support blue ray because people will skip it entirely and rely on streaming media from the internet.

I still think it will be possible to just take your laptop to an iStore and let them download/install it if your internet is not fast enough, or you have limited bandwidth.

That's fine if you have an Apple Store nearby. If not - well, that's the Apple way.

Of course it also means that it will be an upgrade from Snow Leopard only. Can you imagine the outcry if Microsoft had mandated that you buy Vista before you can buy Windows 7? But I'm sure the Apple crowd will somehow interpret this as a "good thing".

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That sucks as I do not have a credit card to download it from the App Store.How can I do this than? thanks marv

Status
Not open for further replies.