List of Vista Supported Hardware & Software

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Ok.

PC working with Vista RTM build 6000 in 32 bit

Everything worked straight out of the box as far as I can tell unless stated in red

Mobo
K8N Neo4-F
Graphics card
X300
Webcam
Logitech Quickcam Messenger OEM (there are different types of these so I've posted a pic) (Required driver download from Microsoft)
P0106305_C0000153_P0000000.jpg

Multifunction Printer
Canon MP500 Printer/Scanner (Required driver download from Microsoft)
USB Headset
Logitech 350 USB Headset
Mouse
Logitech G5
ADSL Modem
Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem (won't install directly from the CD. You have to go into the cd and run the installation program on it's own)

Everything other than the stupid crappy ADSL modem installed without intervention so I have to say fears of incompatibility with recent hardware were somewhat unfounded.

P.S Kickass thread. Thumbs up to you Ninja and those who are helping

Portable Media viewer
My Epson P2000 portable media viewer works.
Digital SLR
My D70s works and the CF slot in the printer (MP500) works.

Everything seems 100% functional.

Sweet. If you could can you put each into a category such as motherboard, video card or etc? Some I know but others I'm not to sure of. I don't want to screw it up any.

Thanks for the support.

AP-123

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
Would love to know if my new mobo and GPU (still unopened) will be vista compatible.

ASUS P5B deluxe
GeForce 7900 GS

Thanks in advance.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Would love to know if my new mobo and GPU (still unopened) will be vista compatible.

ASUS P5B deluxe
GeForce 7900 GS

Thanks in advance.

I should think so. Basically most things purchased within the last few years will most likely be compatible. But stuff that's nearly brand new like yours will be for sure.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I'd better make a general notice then.

90% of hardware made within the last 3 years are Vista Compatible

I would agree. I guess there will be exceptions though. But the whole hardware compatability thing was a bit overdone tbh. Everyone was talking about needing new PC's and stuff like that. Absolute BS. My 3 year old P4 2.8 worked really well with Vista before it got sold off. Everything other than my old Logitech webcam worked flawlessly on the few versions of Vista I got to try last year and this year. Anyone who has a 4 or 5 year old PC is unlikely to want to run Vista anyway........ :)

I've got a two control bed computers. One a P2, the other a Celeron D. The Celeron runs Vista, but the P2 will not. The purpose of the guide was to help people with most hardware find if there were issues with their hardware or software.

The software I believe is the biggest variable.

striker63

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Don't forget to add Office 2007 to the WORKING software list.
Running full release of both Vista and 2007
(I work for one of the big boys…Shhhh don’t tell them I took a copy home)
P.S. Office 2007 is my new love step aside Britney Spears there’s a new bomb shell in town.

CPU-3.2P4
MoBo-p4p800E
2GB DDR400
ATI X800Pro
Turtle Beach Catalina Sound card – Have digital output problems
NEC DVD-RW ND-2500A

Well, this ha to be the first time I've ever heard some one is emotionally attached to Office software, but to stay relatively on topic, which is damn impossible most of the time, your entry will be added/changed/modify to the list.

Shh, I have Vista 07 also. I should feel guilty but with the price Microsoft is charging for it, I feel that much better about myself.

Epsilyon

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
8) A good antivirus for Windows Vista RC1... McAfee 8.5i Enterprise = VirusScan + Antispyware Module

My Hardware: K7N2 Delta-L & Athlon XP 2700+

See you later !!!

hammerhead2

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
the Asrock dualsata (socket 939) will run Vista (x64 right now)
the only sticker is audio which works with xp64 driver
have run vista down to amd 1400 with 512,, only no dx9 so
little eye candy

nexusneko

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I have tried to install Windows Vista (from 3 different copies) but it crashes
in the same point of the process, when it says it is ending the installation
( I´m installing the latest spanish version (xxx86), and I don´t know which is the equivalent message in english ).

Hardware:

Mobo : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (BIOS rev. 1013. Latest available). Dual Channel, 200Mhz or 166Mhz...
Graphics : Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE w 256Mb - (AGP).
Memory : Kingston K PC3200 (2 x 512).
Mouse : Genius PowerScroll Eye (Optical, USB).
DVD ReWriter : Plextor PX-716A.
HDDs : 2 IDE Maxtor (160 & 250 Gb).
KeyBoard : DELL USB.

Is there any compatibility problem?

I Would be grateful for some type of help or suggestion.

Note: Excuse me for my English.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.