Question Little concerned?

Apr 16, 2024
Hello, little thing that worries me a little but not too much... I recently finished my first build and everything seems to be going really well: the games are wow, everything is very fast, the temperatures are good, etc. But every time my computer is turned off and I turn it on, it remains 45 seconds with the EZ debug on (red CPU and yellow DRAM)... finally turning on without problems afterwards. Every time I turn it on it does this... yet everything is superb with the performance of the PC. I read online that it was normal for my motherboard to do this but I really want to confirm, I have an MSI B650 Tomahawk WIFI with a ryzen 5 7600x with 32g of RAM.

Thank you for your answers!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

AM5 does have a long POST process but what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Got a link to your ram kit used for the build? Which slots are the rams populating on said motherboard? How are you cooling that processor?

Reactions: artk2219
Hello, little thing that worries me a little but not too much... I recently finished my first build and everything seems to be going really well: the games are wow, everything is very fast, the temperatures are good, etc. But every time my computer is turned off and I turn it on, it remains 45 seconds with the EZ debug on (red CPU and yellow DRAM)... finally turning on without problems afterwards. Every time I turn it on it does this... yet everything is superb with the performance of the PC. I read online that it was normal for my motherboard to do this but I really want to confirm, I have an MSI B650 Tomahawk WIFI with a ryzen 5 7600x with 32g of RAM.

Thank you for your answers!
"Memory training", takes some time to set BIOS to XMP/EXPO. It's not only your MB but check your BIOS version. That was a problem with all Ryzen 7000 series, most MB manufacturers solved it with BIOS updates.
There should be a setting in BIOS, something like "Memory retention" which helps with POST speeds.