Question LiveSplit (speedrun timer) errors (Event Viewer)/potentially crashing my game mid-run ?

Avizzo

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Hi, Avizzo here.

Not sure if this correlates with the potential crashing issue but I have no reason not to. I've scoured the internet for other resources but either this problem is unique to me or maybe it's actually not an issue software-related and is normal and I shouldn't worry about it.

I have no other issues with any other games, but there is one in particular that I speedrun (Far Cry 5). This is the only one that I have to use LiveSplit for to count my time accurately, pausing the in-game timer when loading while fast travelling.

My game has the potential to crash mid-run, obviously ruining the run and I have to start over. On some rare occasions it doesn't crash, but I'd like to know that every time I play the game I don't have this problem. On older builds that I once had I didn't have this issue either.

I'm on a 4090 & 13900KS with 64GB DDR5 RAM.

My computer (when this was posted) shows in Event Viewer that there are 14,103 "errors" in the past hour with 14,708 of them being from LiveSplit. The errors cycle between the following:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at LiveSplit.Server.CommandServer.ProcessMessage(String message, Connection clientConnection)"

"Pipe is broken.

at System.IO.Pipes.PipeStream.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode)
at System.IO.Pipes.PipeStream.BeginWriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.IO.Pipes.PipeStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at LiveSplit.Server.CommandServer.ProcessMessage(String message, Connection clientConnection)"

My thought was maybe these errors overflow the game or something, causing it to crash. This issue might be a little too technical for me. Not sure if there's a solution that somebody may know considering how I can't find this anywhere on the internet. Hoping this might help future people with crashes or determining the source of this problem.

Many thanks!

Regards,
Avizzo