Liveupdate says motherboard isn't Asus

I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
Someone with any bright ideas?

Paul

Splendid

In article <sAe5e.406$184.376@amstwist00>, "Tönne Bäcklinder"
<tonne.backlinder@nospam.chello.se> wrote:

> I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
> Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
> dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
> Someone with any bright ideas?

The latest beta BIOS listed on the download page is 1020.001.
If you go to ftp.asuscom.de and get a BIOS from there, there is
a 1021ED.ZIP file. Inside that file are instructions as to how
to flash the 1021.002 file.

---------------------------
ACHTUNG:

Dieses BIOS darf NUR mit den folgenden Flashtoolversionen
upgedated werden (oder h–here Versionen) !

Keine alteren Versionen verwenden !

Warning:

This BIOS can only be flashed with the following flashtool
versions (or higher versions) !

Do NOT use older versions !

- ASUS LiveUpdate v6.03.01
- ASUS AFUDOS v2.18

Flashtools -> ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS
AFUDOS usage: "afudos /i<filename> /pc" (e.g "afudos /i1014.rom /pc")
---------------------------

So, if you have accessed and used this "beta beta" file, follow
the instructions.

I do not recommend any "Live Update" or Windows based flashers,
as they can miss the instruction file. It pays to always manually
download the files and have a look at the files first, so if there
are any special instructions that somehow were not automatically
encoded for the use of the flash tool, you'll be able to figure
it out.

BTW: I'm finding now that my copy of AMIBCP75 can no longer open
the AMI BIOS, so I take it the BIOS are being created with an
even more recent AMI tool flow.

Paul

Tönne Bäcklinder wrote:
> I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
> Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios in
> dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the registry.
> Someone with any bright ideas?

Does it work? Is liveUpdate useful? Don't worry about it...

Ben

Thats the one I used. I know how to flash in dos. But I liked the liveupdate
and would like to get it working again.
"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> skrev i meddelandet
> In article <sAe5e.406$184.376@amstwist00>, "Tönne Bäcklinder"
> <tonne.backlinder@nospam.chello.se> wrote:
>
>> I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
>> Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios
>> in
>> dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the
>> registry.
>> Someone with any bright ideas?
>
> The latest beta BIOS listed on the download page is 1020.001.
> If you go to ftp.asuscom.de and get a BIOS from there, there is
> a 1021ED.ZIP file. Inside that file are instructions as to how
> to flash the 1021.002 file.
>
> ---------------------------
> ACHTUNG:
>
> Dieses BIOS darf NUR mit den folgenden Flashtoolversionen
> upgedated werden (oder h-here Versionen) !
>
> Keine alteren Versionen verwenden !
>
> Warning:
>
> This BIOS can only be flashed with the following flashtool
> versions (or higher versions) !
>
> Do NOT use older versions !
>
> - ASUS LiveUpdate v6.03.01
> - ASUS AFUDOS v2.18
>
> Flashtools -> ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS
> AFUDOS usage: "afudos /i<filename> /pc" (e.g "afudos /i1014.rom /pc")
> ---------------------------
>
> So, if you have accessed and used this "beta beta" file, follow
> the instructions.
>
> I do not recommend any "Live Update" or Windows based flashers,
> as they can miss the instruction file. It pays to always manually
> download the files and have a look at the files first, so if there
> are any special instructions that somehow were not automatically
> encoded for the use of the flash tool, you'll be able to figure
> it out.
>
> BTW: I'm finding now that my copy of AMIBCP75 can no longer open
> the AMI BIOS, so I take it the BIOS are being created with an
> even more recent AMI tool flow.
>
> Paul

Yes it works yes it's useful. I don't worry but I would like to get it
working again.
"Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Tönne Bäcklinder wrote:
>> I flashed my P4C800-E Deluxe to latest bios 1021 and after that Asus
>> Liveudate says that my motherboard isn't Asus. I have reflashed the bios
>> in dos, uninstalled liveupdate, cleaned everything I could find i the
>> registry.
>> Someone with any bright ideas?
>
> Does it work? Is liveUpdate useful? Don't worry about it...
>
> Ben

Paul

Splendid

In article <42562603$0$50324$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, "Tönne Bäcklinder"
<tonne.backlinder@arkitektkopia.se> wrote:

> Thats the one I used. I know how to flash in dos. But I liked the liveupdate
> and would like to get it working again.

I would try flashing back to a previous BIOS. This may be difficult
to do, if all the flashing tools are confused by the BIOS you
currently have loaded.

I believe the Asus flashing tools check the declared motherboard
type, which is recorded in the BIOS code. If you use a hex editor,
for example, there is one ID string near the end of the BIOS image.
There could be other identity strings buried elsewhere in the code.
(Since I cannot get AMIBCP75 to work any more with these BIOS,
I cannot dissect and verify the contents of the BIOS. Much of the
BIOS file is compressed, so you cannot examine it for identity
strings, without extracting the BIOS component parts first.)

Your best option may be to use EZFlash and a floppy or a CD.
Section 4.1.3 in the manual describes how to rename an Asus
BIOS file to "P4C800ED.ROM" and place that file on a floppy.
Pressing <alt> F2 during POST, will cause the BIOS to search
the floppy drive for P4C800ED.ROM file. It should then
reflash the BIOS with that file.

Perhaps by flashing back to an earlier BIOS (a BIOS that
supports your processor version, not just any old BIOS),
you can solve this problem.

Check here, to make sure the version you are using, supports
your current processor. Flashing a BIOS version with a lower
version number than the minimum version listed here, could
leave you with a motheboard that will not POST. (The version
on the motherboard CD is likely to be a very old version!)

http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

HTH,
Paul

Thanks.
The strange thing is that the BIOS is OK. Nothing wrong at all and it says
it is a ASUS motherboard. I though about flashing back to an earlier
version. But I'm going to upgrade my computer in a few months. So maybe I
shouldn't bother with this.
But then again maybe I should flash back to 1019 just to see if that was the
solution.
I'll decide tomorrow, and post a reply if it did solve it (if I flash back)