Question load web page as fast as possible

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I am on internet all day because of my work. Except the hardware, is there anything i can do to make , any web page i visit, to load faster ? I dont have so many tabs open, but i want max browsing speed on loading a page. Except the internet speed and the hardware of my pc, is there anything else i ca do ?
Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
I am on internet all day because of my work. Except the hardware, is there anything i can do to make , any web page i visit, to load faster ? I dont have so many tabs open, but i want max browsing speed on loading a page. Except the internet speed and the hardware of my pc, is there anything else i ca do ?
Thanks.
Go to a website or server that has no graphics. Text only.
No dynamic content.
No client side javascript.
Move your house physically closer to the server.

But that's not the answer you're looking for.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Use a SSD as main disk.
Remove extensions, plugins and addons that could slow your browser.
If you use Chrome, RAM (minimum 8GB per 10 tabs).
Turn on network action predictions in Chrome settings.
Use an ad blocker. Ads might prevent websites from loading faster but some won't websites won't allow you to visit with ad blockers.

Last edited:

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Except the internet speed and the hardware of my pc
So you want faster internet browsing speeds on your computer, but without improving your internet or your computer...

Based on your previous thread you have a laptop, so I'm guessing you may use wifi. Could try using ethernet instead. In addition to what had been said above.

Last edited:
Reactions: manolis kokotsakis
jojesa's suggestion to use an ad-blocker is very good, ads can be really slow (and a security risk).

I also use privacy badger to block trackers - some sites have 10-20 trackers on them - I think that helps a little with performance too.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but increasing the number of simultaneous connections a the browser uses helped in the past - I suspect that the defaults are large enough now that it won't matter, but you might look into that.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Thank you all for your infos. I did all allready. I use ublock. I change the flags from chrome, i change dns, i delete all adds i dont need. I cant disable pictures and java because sites after dont work well.
I just ask for any extra advice.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
jojesa's suggestion to use an ad-blocker is very good, ads can be really slow (and a security risk).

I also use privacy badger to block trackers - some sites have 10-20 trackers on them - I think that helps a little with performance too.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but increasing the number of simultaneous connections a the browser uses helped in the past - I suspect that the defaults are large enough now that it won't matter, but you might look into that.
What you mean privacy badger to block trackers ? Who its working, how you do it ? I use ublock.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
So you want faster internet browsing speeds on your computer, but without improving your internet or your computer...

Based on your previous thread you have a laptop, so I'm guessing you may use wifi. Could try using ethernet instead. In addition to what had been said above.
Of course internet speed is the most important factor and of course i allready pay for faster internet. But i discover that , because i dont upload or download huge files, speed on browsing is faster now but not as i thought it will be. I always connect with wire.

TRENDING THREADS