Question Locating the fuse in psu

Superlp12

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
My wall ac socket have short that trigger the house breaker. Had qualified electrician to fix it and all power restored except the psu. I had a new psu, installed it and pc booted up and everything ok. When I opened the dead psu(Seasonic prime platinum 850), everything appears to be normal. I suspect it may be just a blown fuse but visually I was unable to locate the fuse. Any help would appreciated!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If I had to guess I would say the main fuse is probably on the small circuit board that the power input and power switch reside on. But I could only find pictures of the back of it.

I didn't see anything that could be used as a fuseable link on the main board.

In the past standard fuses were used pretty commonly. These days they sometimes use resistors designed to blow.

Once the PSU's shell has been opened the warranty is void. If there is a fuse it would be located near the spade terminals for the AC input on the main circuit board. There may even be a silk-screened warning message on the circuit board indicating that it should be replaced with the same type.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I often find the shipping prices don't equate all that well to sending heavier things in for service. If I spent $120 on a PSU and I get more than 3 or 4 years out of it I am pretty well satisfied. Not to say that I don't have some really old PSUs still kicking around, but a lot of them end up as bench power supplies for powering up simple 12V devices.

850W Platinum is probably worth it though.

Superlp12

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks to Eximo and others for the responses. I have replace the psu with the new Corsair Ax1000 titanium. Was hoping to simply replace a fuse and if works, sell it to recover some cost. Guess I have to cook up some story and try my luck with rma!