Lockpicking - How to Stop?

Hi Folks,

I've started picking a lock a few times, and then been discovered.
Unlike in T1/TG/T2, I haven't been able to back away from picking a lock
once it's begun.

What's the magic keypress to disengage for escaping purposes?

Thanks.

-dreq

"Derek Mark Edding" <dreq@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've started picking a lock a few times, and then been discovered.
> Unlike in T1/TG/T2, I haven't been able to back away from picking a lock
> once it's begun.
>
> What's the magic keypress to disengage for escaping purposes?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -dreq

Right mouse button, or whatever key you used start lock-picking.

Jonathan Barton
"veni vedi aufero"

Derek Mark Edding wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've started picking a lock a few times, and then been discovered.
> Unlike in T1/TG/T2, I haven't been able to back away from picking a lock
> once it's begun.
>
> What's the magic keypress to disengage for escaping purposes?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -dreq

I just left click again and it stops.
Albert

Jonathan Barton wrote:

> Right mouse button, or whatever key you used start lock-picking.
>
> Jonathan Barton
> "veni vedi aufero"

Thanks. It turns out that the problem I'm having is more related to
response time.

When I was picking a lock and became discovered, I'd reach up and click
the mouse button more than once. This has the affect of disengaging and
re-engaging the lock picking, causing a brief delay each time. Those
delays add up fast when someone's taking a sword to one's backside!

I believe I used to use the spacebar in T1/TG/T2 to "jump" away from the
lock and start moving. I miss that feature.

-dreq