Lockups/audio stutters mostly while playing

Feb 7, 2019
Hello, i am having a very common problem since there are already many threads about lockups and audio stutters, but i can't help but still ask you people to make sure i know what i need to do. So my problems are twofold :

1. I have a two and a half years old pre-built PC. About a week ago i started getting audio stutters and lockups while playing relatively demanding games like witcher 2 or space engineers. Ive had this problem before during the summer, but cleaning the heat sinks and fans completely solved this issue. The thing is, during the summer my gpu temp sometimes surpassed 70 before cleaning it (gigabyte GTX 960) but during the winter it barely goes above 60/65. CPU temperatures (intel i7 4790) are around 45-55 while under use. I didn't experience performance drops or weird graphical artifacts but from what i know that still doesn't rule out gpu or other hardware failures. Also if i restart the computer after the audio/video stutters followed up by a lockup, the computer sometimes just completely locks up even when idle which makes me think that my problems might be temperature related. So here comes my second problem, if cleaning is the solution
2. During the summer i had access to "pressurised air" (i don't know the correct word sorry) to clean out the dust however now i am stuck with basic tools which means i probably have to remove the heat sink+fan from the motherboard and i guess the fan from the gpu, please tell me if the second part is completely stupid. In order to remove the heat sink from the motherboard, i need to remove the ram stick, and from what i have heard it can be quite risky and can fry the motherboard if its not secure. What do i need to do in order to make sure that the RAM is secure, and do i need to choose the slot in the bios menu after putting it back? Thank you.

Feb 7, 2019
I dont get the bsod as the pc completely locks up while the audio keeps stuttering. Booting up after the "crash" has been completely smooth so far.

Motherboard : ASUS B-85M-G
Processor: intel i7-4790
Graphics card : gigabyte gtx 960, cant check which version is it right now
Power Supply: cooler master RS-600-ACAB-M4
RAM: 1x8gb ram hyperx fury
HDD: toshiba dt01aca200
SSD: kingston ssdnow v300

Tell me if i forgot something and thanks in advance.