Logitech announces its G600 MMO Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
damn... 80$

i have a razor naga, how good would this be as a replacement when the razor kicks the bucket? i mean this is at the very least an alternative to the naga, but i have no idea how good it would feel in my hands.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Its an MMO mouse... those 12 buttons are useful for some people. Not FPS thou.

I have the Performance MX mouse which has 3 thumb buttons, I use 2 of them for gaming.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I used to have a Razer Naga, for the first week/half-week there is a bit of a learning curve - but it becomes like second nature afterwards. Given that it's Logitech, I'm sure that it's decently made.

If I ever get heavy back into MMOs, this might be something worth looking into.

NoClue_87

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Logitech has better quality bigger warranty(3 years) and great customer support so i would choose this over Naga any day.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I've got a G700 (4 thumb, and one next to left click button), I find them really helpful for some niche stuff, but you have to take the time to setup macros. I set up thumb 3 & 4 for rapid left click and right click, which is very nice :)
(They were also useful for satisfying my ElderScrolls OCD and leveling all my skills in skyrim via taping mouse buttons down)

Not sure I could use 12 though...

Logitech's macro software is quite nice (a little clunky, and timing isn't extremely accurate for long term stuff, but good enough).

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]12 buttons for 1 finger ^-. I have 4 buttons there and i find it sometimes to much[/citation]

And I think that really it's not a finger (as it should have 3 joints...).
Seems complicated to use that finger for all that buttons (think I could handle 3 buttons easily...
but to have precision it would be better to put that buttons to be operated by the index or ring fingers...

itguy_nyc

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
This is great news! I have been thinking about buying the Razor Naga, but I hesitated because I have never owned a razor product. I work in the tech industry and I have used a lot of peripherals. Logitech has always been my preference when it comes to mouse and keyboard. No one comes close to their build quality and reliability.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I love my G700, it's just a fantastic mouse. This G600 however looks really ugly unlike the nice-looking G700. And although caring about what a mouse looks like sounds a bit silly, it's an important consideration if you're looking and using it everyday. Out of curiosity, what is the second mouse pictured in the article (the white one)?

prince_david

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I have been using the Naga for a few days and love it. One thing I like about this Logitech mouse though is the angles of the side buttons will make it easy to press and know what you are pressing.

G

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had confidence that Logitech used better switches on this than on their G500. Those only last about 6 months for me before I start getting phantom double-clicks. Not that I'd need all the extra buttons, I'd be perfectly happy with the G500 if they'd use better switches.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
From the pics and the description of this article i can say five possibly negative things about this mouse:
1. It looks a little too small (something like the g9).
2. Too many buttons for some (of course, people playing MMOs should find it more useful than me).
3. The space used for the buttons could be invading space for the finger using the left button. (it's just an impression).
4. I don't like the idea of going back to a wired mouse.
5. I looks a little ugly for me (well, this impression is relative to each user).

Well, this is just an impression, from the article and the pics. Once we see it in stores and detailed
reviews, we will have more to say (who knows, if it gets to be really good, i could get one). For now my g700 is working very well.

f-14

Distinguished
wow i think the blu tooth with a cell phone would work about as good as this thing with the size of that thing and it's buttons. another mouse made for a toddler.
i can cover every single one of those buttons at the same time with just my thumb.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Will it still have terrible micro-switches that fail in a year? Yup G500 looking at you...

Just look up the double clicking problem, seems to affect every Logitech mouse as well as some others.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I'm surprised at some of your comments.. "way too many buttons"..."what are those buttons usually used for?"...."oh my god its full of buttons!".."Too many buttons for some".

The title does say its an "MMO Gaming Mouse". Meaning, in case some haven't figured it out, its targeted toward a certain gaming community... I'm an MMO player, and many times have I wanted a mouse with sufficient amount of buttons. Have you not seen some MMO toolbars? They can get pretty large. Having to click on them all the time can be pretty cumbersome. Mice like this one do help those who can take advantage of it.

But, the mouse is not for me. I tried a Razer Naga for a while. With my GINORMOUS hands, I had trouble using it. Not to mention my thumb could cover all the buttons..lol. I ended up with a G700.

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Logitech mice are great! I've had the G5, G500, and G19, but this one looks like the Naga, which I got, but its way too small. I've had the Mamba too feels nice, but not enough buttons. I'm not dissing either Razer or Logitech, but I've really like my Cyborb Rat 7... The buttons are bigger and you can customize it a little... I wish they make a better 4 way gimble or something for the thumb so that you don't hit the wrong button in a middle of a PvP encounter... There is only so much you can do with your hand on the mouse, why not keep evolving the gamer keyboard or throw that out and try something totally different for the other hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.