Logitech Announces Mice With "Darkfield" Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I never have had glass but good to know, I am thinking about getting glass tops to protect my cherry desk and this would be really nice to have!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]edwilson[/nom]will any of these be available in a "lefty" version?[/citation]
You know, I'm a dedicated lefty myself, but I could never stand to use a mouse with my left hand. Maybe its because I put more focus on the keyboard. With the exception of playing games, moving from the keyboard to the mouse is an annoyance. I keep my stronger left-hand doing important stuff on the keyboard, and leave menial mouse-duties to the inferior right-hand.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'm wondering if the mouse "feet" will stick more to glass and make the mouse hard to use? The little teflon pads under the mouse will stick to the glass surface. Are they using something different?

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
for crappy mice, glass that has a readable surface behind it isn't an issue (usually 1/8th inch or so). But for higher end mice, especially gaming oriented, they have a limited reach, the smaller the better, so your mouse won't track when you pick the mouse up. I have built a mouse pad or two out of some acrylic and some uv reactive paint, it's kind of difficult to get infrared mice to read on this kind of surface because the IR signal is diffused rather than reflected. laser mice *shouldn't* have as much of an issue provided that the glass isn't too thick and does indeed have something of color or opaqueness behind it. Having said all that, the title of this article clearly makes me want to read about "darkfield" tech or whatever but no mention of it is included. disappointing to say the least. Maybe i will mod my mouse with a red laser so i can use glass/acrylic.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]rambo117[/nom]doesnt microsoft have something like this on their new sidewinder? Blue Laser or somethin? read it in a maximum PC magazine[/citation]
BlueTrack is older then you think it's like a year old already. Last time i remember it's a Blue LED that Microsoft uses with a wide angle lens which allows for much more surfaces for the mouse to work on, no longer a lazer! But it does not work on glass or reflective surfaces as far as i remember.

G

Microsoft BlueTrack is great in any surface except glass. But if u have a glass desk just get a mousepad.
Microsoft Sidewinder X8 is the best mouse for gamers, it's wireless, 4000 dpi and rechargable while you play.
Get that and forget about playing on glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS