[SOLVED] Logitech G230 on a single laptop audio input

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hello people. I have a set of logitech G230 headphones. They have both a mic and speaker input to a pc. I recently bought a Dell G7 gaming laptop, it only has one audio input. To combat this problem I bought this. (well not that exact one but a similar one) It doesn't seem to allow me to use both my headphones mic and speakers at the same time. I can only do one or the other. I also have this super bland realtek audio console which looks like this. I've tried all 5 of those "connector retasking" options. None allow me to use both. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
0rI2LCU.png

Solution
The product you linked would not work for what you want it to do, you must have bought something else. What you linked splits an audio jack into 2 equal signals to share with a second headphone, what you needed to use was a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter.

What settings did you use exactly? There is no need to delete questions even if you found the answer since people search the forum for similar solutions, if you found one should post the details.
The product you linked would not work for what you want it to do, you must have bought something else. What you linked splits an audio jack into 2 equal signals to share with a second headphone, what you needed to use was a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter.

What settings did you use exactly? There is no need to delete questions even if you found the answer since people search the forum for similar solutions, if you found one should post the details.

Solution