Logitech G230 vs G430 ?

Han Wei

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
I am looking forward to buy a new headset because the headset the i am using right now is making my ears pain after wearing it some time.

Now i have been thinking about getting logitech g430 or g230, I want to knw which is better, or there is any other headset that is around same the price but better?

Solution
Same with me, the G430 was not comfy at all. I'd get bad headaches from wearing it since it was so tight around my head, and the headband caused a lot of head fatigue.

I switched over to Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 surround headset, it was much better. Less stiff, and more comfy. But still caused head fatigue. I needed something better.

So now, I use a Kingston Hyper Cloud gaming headset. The best headset purchase I've ever done. The headset is insanely light, very comfy to use and it works perfectly for me. Plus, it's really cheap, cheaper than the G430s if I'm correct.

To answer your question, The g230 doesn't have built in surround sound while the G430 does. Keep in mind that all these headsets use VIRTUAL surround sound.

If you...
Same with me, the G430 was not comfy at all. I'd get bad headaches from wearing it since it was so tight around my head, and the headband caused a lot of head fatigue.

I switched over to Corsair Vengeance 2000 7.1 surround headset, it was much better. Less stiff, and more comfy. But still caused head fatigue. I needed something better.

So now, I use a Kingston Hyper Cloud gaming headset. The best headset purchase I've ever done. The headset is insanely light, very comfy to use and it works perfectly for me. Plus, it's really cheap, cheaper than the G430s if I'm correct.

To answer your question, The g230 doesn't have built in surround sound while the G430 does. Keep in mind that all these headsets use VIRTUAL surround sound.

If you want to save some money, go the route I did, which was buying a standard 3.5mm jack stereo headset (aka, my hyper x cloud) and using Razers Virtual Surround software for that 7.1 surround experience. It works really well and will save you a bit of money also.

Solution