Logitech G502 Mouse is World's Most Sensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempname

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
It may be an absurd amount of DPI, but even then this mouse looks like a worthy upgrade from my G500. The G500 has a 5200dpi sensor, and although at first I used it at like 1200dpi, I have since learned that you can use the full 5200dpi by simply adjusting the mouse sensibility to the minimum and increasing the dpi. It's noticeably more responsive and precise, despite traveling the same exact amount of pixels with the same motion.

So all in all, I can say I use my g500 to the fullest.

lp231

Splendid
12,000dpi?! That's over 9000!!!
You can tell other mice makers will start to do the same thing or try to beat Logitech's G502 sensor. Sooner or later well start seeing even more insane dpi ratings.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I`m now sad that i bought a Razer Taipan last year, it`s a good performing mouse but the build quality is awful even vs my old Logitech M510 that it has replaced. And sometimes it has glitches like pointer going bananas for few moments on the screen.

But yeah ... that 12000 dpi is just for kids that wants big numbers to feel ok.

It`s sad how the today`s tech is more driven by the marketing team than the development team.

ya right

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
can i get a left handed version of this..... of course not.. leftys dont exist to the manufacturers of mice :/

make it ambidextrous ya cheap bastids! and quit using clicky buttons and use buttons like a gamepad aleady!! nice silent bottons.

EsposRafy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
looks like a good upgrade from my g9x. apparently this one is one of the few mice releasing right now with adjustable weight, which is my favorite feature in my G9x.

Is there any practical use for a mouse this sensitive?

It's definitely harder to target when your mouse pointer/crosshair is moving 1000KPH. I like a good 450-600 DPI for shooters because it makes for easier aim and headshots. I'll bump it up for vehicle guns, but 12000DPI? If you have that kind of control, more power to you!

I guess that's good for the technological advancement of the mouse sensor?

Communism

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I hope it will have a perfect sensor like the G400, where you can turn off the built-in acceleration they have put into all their laser sensors since after the Logitech G5 to stop the stupid cloth pad people from whining about "deceleration" when using a laser mouse on something other than a hardpad.

G

meanwhile im still playing competitive fps with a 400dpi wmo1.1a

Now 12000 DPI is a little much, but 400 DPI is far too little
It's not. A lot of FPS pros use 400-800 DPI.

12k DPI is just a gimmick. I'll just keep using my G400 and 800 DPI, thank you very much.

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
meanwhile im still playing competitive fps with a 400dpi wmo1.1a

Now 12000 DPI is a little much, but 400 DPI is far too little

in competitive CS they swear by a low DPI. I use 450 with 1.1 in game sensitivity and it works quite nicely when you need high accuracy. I tried playing(6 months) with a higher DPI and lower sensitivity for a while and it seemed like it didn't really make a difference. Seems like its all relative. When I replace my G400 I may give higher DPI another shot. Finding the right sensitivity can be difficult after you get a high res monitor. Needs to be super accurate but high enough so you can still snap to stuff. FWP My monitors res is too high to find a good sensitivity...

G

I use 800 DPI in games and 1800 DPI on desktop (800 DPI is too low for 2560x1440). G400 can switch DPI on the fly so it's no big deal.

lp231

Splendid
The high dpi helps if you have a screen with a extreme resolution and would want to get the cursor across from one end to the other, with minimal hand movement or for those who doesn't have a large space to move their mouse.

abimocorde

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
The high dpi helps if you have a screen with a extreme resolution and would want to get the cursor across from one end to the other, with minimal hand movement or for those who doesn't have a large space to move their mouse.

Took my words. My best practice to high DPIs are the fact that i can go end-to-end way faster at high DPIs. When using multiple screens its even better. Try a mouse with 1200dpi with a 24" Full HD and a extended 32" Full HD TV at same time to see what i mean.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I won't get any mouse from logitech unless it's verified that their sensors no longer have built in (non disable able) mouse acceleration like the G9X had.

Status
Not open for further replies.