Logitech G920 Hands-on: Xbox One Gets Some Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joekim1113

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
can you confirm if the G27 pedals work with the new G920 ? or if the connectors are the same.

The G27 use to work w/ fanatec's pedals just wondering if the G920 would work as well.

Thank you.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
wasn't there a box for the xbox that let the g27 work on it?

i love forza, but getting Microsoft exclusive wheals that wont work with ps3/4 kills it for me, and at that price, i would get a wheel from a different company than Logitech, just due to how crap Logitech software on the pc always is.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

The connector is the same, and I expect it to work.
I can't find my alan wrench to remove the G27 from the stand though, which prevents me from trying them.
I'll update when I find the wrench.

I still think that if you are enough of a fan of racing games to buy a wheel you should go for the thrustmaster T500RS.
I mean, I dont play racing games more than 2-3 times a year so there is no point for me, but for someone else... Especially once The VR sets are out. Wheel, pedals, shift change, VR and a seat and you are effectivly in a fully immersed game.

But again, only if you really play racing games a lot.

+1. As a long time G27 user with thousands of hours on it between PC and PS3 racing, I agree. Belt driven wheels are so much better in feel, self-centering, and other critical things than gear-driven wheels. I was skeptical until forced to get a T500RS so I could use it with the PS4. I kept my G27 connected to my PC but quickly packed it up and put it away and swap the 500 between the PC and PS4.

I am using the G27 pedals with the T500RS however with a $20 adapter bought from Ricmotech. The Pedals that come with the T500RS are essentially useless. You will definitely need to buy a better pedal setup one way or the other from Thrustmaster (I'd strongly recommend spending $150 for the premium T3PA-PRO model instead of $100 for the cheaper T3PA model if you don't have a G27 setup). Now if only I could find an adapter for that side shifter from the G27 I'd be fully set.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
Pedal too stiff? Try it again with shoes on! Now there's a temporary solution. :p

It was so stiff that you can feel the hinge pressing back on the inside of the plastic. I had to put my body weight into it (all 210 lbs) to depress the pedal to the ground.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

There are screw holes on the bottom of both the wheel base and shifter to mount to a wheel stand or cockpit setup.
It does not attach directly to the wheel base in any way, but this is how the G25 and G27 were done, so most wheel stands are already setup for this.

ThriceAlmighty

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
For Forza, you should be able to go into advanced setting and lower the bottom range for both throttle and brake thresholds (I think the bottom is set to 20 and top is 90) to 0 and the top threshold increase from default (90?) to 100. Let me know if this resolves the brake pedal issue. I'm getting the wheel and a stand / base delivered on release and hope this is an issue with the default threshold settings and not the pedals.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Brake pedals should not go to the ground. If they do, you probably either boiled your brake fluid or have a leak in the system. In some cars, putting the brake pedal to the floor can even damage the master cylinder.

What I said in the G29 review is that in the case of racing brakes, or any high-performance brake kit with stiff calipers and steel-reinforced lines, there's much less sponginess in the brake pedal than the typical street car. Much of the brake modulation happens within a small range of travel, and it's a lot more to do with how hard you step than how far the pedal moves.

I applaud Logitec for making the brakes more realistic. Now, it's up to the software - you should be able to lock up the wheels (or engage ABS) without an unreasonable amount of force.

Yes and no. Mechanically they are identical minus the buttons. However there's another difference: the PS4 and XBone versions each have to have their own custom interface chip code. Both versions work with the PC however.

Oct 1, 2015
I've had the G29 wheel and gear shifter since Australian launch I also got the playseat for it witch makes it even better the only thing is that it got released in my mine a year early because ps4 don't have many racing games it only works for driveclub and project cars I'm hoping when wrc5 comes out mid October it will support the wheel and also for the new need for speed if not i will be not happy for the money u pay for it I think people should wait a little until there's games out to use it on also the clutch don't work on all cars for project cars witch is a downer I hope they fix that..

Status
Not open for further replies.