Logitech Introduces G710+ Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
...with the quiet operation found in mechanical keyboards
Mechanical keyboards are quiet? Oh really?

Anyways, I plan on getting one of these. I've been working with my current plank (Loyal to my G11) for around 6 years now, and it's nearing time for replacement. From what I've seen in the last few days about this board I'm fairly certain it'll be my next one! (Assuming of course, that my wallet agrees :p )

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Why buy a mechanical from Logitech, when you could buy one for a lower cost from a company that actually has a reputation for producing reliable mechanical keyboards? Also this keyboard they've shoved out looks tacky as hell.

[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]Why buy a mechanical from Logitech, when you could buy one for a lower cost from a company that actually has a reputation for producing reliable mechanical keyboards? Also this keyboard they've shoved out looks tacky as hell.[/citation]
Do any of these other mechanical keyboards have gaming software for macros and back lit keys? This is currently a market I don't think has been filled until now.

That said, I'd rather use a G13 rather than a keyboard for gaming with macros.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]Do any of these other mechanical keyboards have gaming software for macros and back lit keys? This is currently a market I don't think has been filled until now.That said, I'd rather use a G13 rather than a keyboard for gaming with macros.[/citation]
The Corsair K90 and Razer BlackWidow, to name two.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]I'll never understand why neither Razer nor Logitech will use industry standard switches instead of covering it all up so we have absolutely no idea what the keys feel like until I start typing. Buy a mech keyboard from someone who has the decency to tell you what it is that you're buying.[/citation]
They already mentioned, they are MX Brown switches! :D

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]That said, I'd rather use a G13 rather than a keyboard for gaming with macros.[/citation]

I just wish there was better software support for my G13. They should pick a platform and put resources into it.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I'd much rather have a Ducky keyboard with LED backlights.

But these macro keys would be nice for some extra keys on more advanced shooters.

[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]Do any of these other mechanical keyboards have gaming software for macros and back lit keys? This is currently a market I don't think has been filled until now.That said, I'd rather use a G13 rather than a keyboard for gaming with macros.[/citation]

Ducky Shine and Ducky Shine 2. Known to be one of the most cutomizable Mechanical Keyboards due to choice of LED color(1 had Red, White, Blue, Yellow and Purple, 2 has the previous + green i believe) as well as a wide choice of switch colors(Black, Red, Blue, Brown, Taiwanese version has green caps). The keyboard itself has the caps lock as ctrl switch as well as alt and windows button switch. Built in lightning modes(reactive, full lighting and has settings to save any lighting profiles you like). the only thing it doesnt have is extra keys for self created functions i think.

[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]I just wish there was better software support for my G13. They should pick a platform and put resources into it.[/citation]
Their software support is the main reason I use it over Razer's Nostromo n52. The Lua scripting gives you options that Razer did not have in the past and I don't think they have now.

All their devices tie into the same script, so it makes it very easy to have all your devices work in harmony. Here is an example of a script I use, rather than macros only (this lets me change m states by mouse, keyboard or g13, run multiple macros together and have logic in my macros). I had a Rift script that almost played for me.
http://www.logitechusers.com/game-profiles-macros-discussion/14412-ll-project-part-2-a.html

If it wasn't for the Lua option, I'd still be using the Nostromo n52.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I wish they would come out with a wireless backlit keyboard. The only one that I know if is their k800 or whatever, but it's not media oriented, it's rather plain.

As far as Logitech quality, it's not very good from my experience. Iin 7 years I went through three mice bcuz they stopped working, and am now on my fourth (G700). One keyboard gave up the ghost, now I'm on my second and looking for a third. I had a speaker system that gave lots of problems after about two years, the subwoofer would go in and out, and some of the speakers stopped working. I've had the G930 headseat for less than a year and a half, but the pleather on the ear padding has torn away on both sides, and (my fault on this) a fall from off my head broke the microphone (unuseable). I've tried Microsoft and Creative products but the feel and layout were never to my liking.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Its about time Logitech got in the Mechanical KB game. Now we see if they figured out how to keep the paint on their keys.

the more people making mechanical KBs, the better (Cheaper) for me.

[citation][nom]itsnotmeitsyou[/nom]Its about time Logitech got in the Mechanical KB game. Now we see if they figured out how to keep the paint on their keys.the more people making mechanical KBs, the better (Cheaper) for me.[/citation]
The paint on the keys shouldn't be an issue. On their back lit keyboards, the lettering is clear plastic to allow for the lighting to show. So they don't use paint on them.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]The paint on the keys shouldn't be an issue. On their back lit keyboards, the lettering is clear plastic to allow for the lighting to show. So they don't use paint on them.[/citation]

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/187741286_5eaa6834e7.jpg

like this one?

they have had issues in the past. first gen G15. apparently they RMAd a bunch of Kbs tho. If they are actually doing doubleshot molding like the Deck Legend, then this kb is a real contender...

[citation][nom]itsnotmeitsyou[/nom]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/ [...] 6834e7.jpglike this one?they have had issues in the past. first gen G15. apparently they RMAd a bunch of Kbs tho. If they are actually doing doubleshot molding like the Deck Legend, then this kb is a real contender...[/citation]
I believe their newer keyboards do not use paint anymore. My G110 does not have paint on the keys.

[strike]I just popped off my alt key to take a better look, and it has a clear plastic inside molded to black plastic for the main portion of the key. I assume this is what you mean by doubleshot molding.[/strike]

My mistake, it is painted, but seems to be high quality paint at least. I've used this for a couple years with no sign of losing paint, but I have heard of that issue from older Logitech keyboards.

G

I would love to buy this but I really need 30 simultaneous keys. Anything less than 30 just doesn't get the job done.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]sotru[/nom]I would love to buy this but I really need 30 simultaneous keys. Anything less than 30 just doesn't get the job done.[/citation]

you and strongbad.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]I'll never understand why neither Razer nor Logitech will use industry standard switches instead of covering it all up so we have absolutely no idea what the keys feel like until I start typing. Buy a mech keyboard from someone who has the decency to tell you what it is that you're buying.[/citation]

this logitech uses brown
the razor black widow uses blue in all of them i believe, and they have a window you can test them if you see it in a store.

[citation][nom]itsnotmeitsyou[/nom]Its about time Logitech got in the Mechanical KB game. Now we see if they figured out how to keep the paint on their keys.the more people making mechanical KBs, the better (Cheaper) for me.[/citation]

sorry, no, full mechanical costs about 70$ minimum
but if you want a GREAT keyboard for a cheap price,
Das Keyboard Model S Professional Mechanical Keyboard
it uses cherry blue keys, but i believe they have a red version, has an aluminium mounting plate, and is comparable to more expensive 160$ keyboards, in a 110-120$ price range.

with this logitech, they dont mention any kind of mounting, so i'm assuming its all on pcb, as plate mounting would be a big selling point.

from what i see, they are manufactureing it very cheaply, and selling it at a gamer markup price, which i find disgusting that companies do that.

Filco
Ducky
Das keyboard

look into those 3 because they are the highest quality you can get to my knowledge.

for my knowledge, to do backlighting on a mechanical, you have to do it through laser etching, so they keys will probably last forever.

[citation][nom]sotru[/nom]I would love to buy this but I really need 30 simultaneous keys. Anything less than 30 just doesn't get the job done.[/citation]

really, you only need 10 key roll over at most, anything more than that is bragging rights.

[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]What happened to the LCD screen, for some reason it is too small to see in the picture.[/citation]
I'm pretty certain it doesn't have an LCD, the review above did not mention it, and clearly you don't see it.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]What happened to the LCD screen, for some reason it is too small to see in the picture.[/citation]
Mostly likely removed it to reduce product costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS