Question Logitech Keyboard with Generic Receiver?

Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys

New here, hoping someone can help solve an inconvenience that is driving me nuts.

I have an old Logitech keyboad, it's a Y-RJ20. It's from 2004ish, but I just love it. So much so, I bought multiples of this keyboard so I have spares and one for work etc.

The problem is, it comes with a clunky receiver and, as my mouse is using a Unifying Receiver, it looks a bit old school sitting there separately... so I want to bring it to this decade. This keyboard does not have the Unifying logo, so it won't pair with the Unifying software (I already tried)

So I took to eBay, and bought cheap, generic USB keyboard/mouse receiver to try it out.

This receiver is generic, has no buttons or logos or anything, but is nice and small. How do I tell my Logitech keyboard to pair with it? Windows recognises the device but that's it - I can't pair it.

I bought a different Logitech reciever off eBay too, slightly different to mine but just as clunky. It worked with my keyboard but it had a connect button. Here are is a pic of all three. The big black ones work, the small white one doesn't... yet.

4tWEf1y.jpg

So I think if there's some software I can use to simulate a connect button on this tiny USB receiver, I might have some success?

Ralston18

Titan
"Generic" may be applicable only in the sense that the USB receiver plugs into a USB port.

You did not mention anything about installing drivers.....

If the small white receiver is plugged into a USB port does the receiver show up in Device Manager? (I believe so per "Windows recognises the device".)

Check the various tabs and properties by right-clicking on the device.

You may be able to learn more about the device. Then download and install the applicable/current drivers.

Aug 6, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Windows recognises it... and then says the device is ready... I can't find the device in Device Manager but it is in "Bluetooth and other devices" just like my working reciever (not pictured) though.
dhOdTN4.png