Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse Boasts 3-year Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have owned and used a logitech m505 for about 18 months now without changing the batteries (2 AAs), and it still tells me i've got 50% battery life left.

G

I bet the mouse dies before the battery does, LOL! I've yet to have a mouse last me 3 years.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I'll believe it when I see it actually work.
If it can last through a weekend of solid gaming, then they have something. but if their "test" was 20mins a day of email and facebook - then forget it.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'd like to see what a typical user is when they finally make those numbers public.

Call me a skeptic, but I rarely believe the marketing.

But...if it's true, I wouldn't complain.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]timinator[/nom]I bet the mouse dies before the battery does, LOL! I've yet to have a mouse last me 3 years.[/citation]

Logitech MX518 for 4 years and still going strong..

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Mine almost 3 years old and still working fine. 20c batteries work for 20 days. Recently I bought batteries of a shitty brand. They are so loose that on extreme maneuvers they come out the sockets and the batteries are saved (that way). :D

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]timinator[/nom]I bet the mouse dies before the battery does, LOL! I've yet to have a mouse last me 3 years.[/citation]
I`m still using my 9 year old MX310 and besides the color fade on it, it is working as perfect as the first day. Very impressive mouse, i would be looking for a similar precision mouse in the wireless series for my laptop but i don`t know which one might be up to the task.

Ryguy64

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I've had my M505 for 11 months, and still have "372 days" or 80% battery life left according to setpoint. I use it often for 4-10 hours a day, depending on how much I'm in class and how much I need to study. I've even used it for gaming, both RTS and FPS. It works great. If I still have that much battery left, I don't doubt they could improve it so they can claim 3 years.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Logitech MX518 for 4 years and still going strong..[/citation]

Second that! Because I've had mine around that long too.

If this is really true, it would be great for my HTPC when I play games on it. :D

G

Uhm, my M705 (Marathon) has 3yrs battery life, I've had it for 2.2yrs, and it still says 500days remaining :). Why is this news?

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I`m still using my 9 year old MX310 and besides the color fade on it, it is working as perfect as the first day. Very impressive mouse, i would be looking for a similar precision mouse in the wireless series for my laptop but i don`t know which one might be up to the task.[/citation]
But I found the recent mice from Logitech had lower quality. I had one used for many years until the mouse button was broken which was fine as it served me so many years. So I bought another one, about a year of use, the sensitive of the mouse reduced significantly and became erratic. I was hardly able to control the cursor. I have to move a much greater physical distance to move the cursor a bit on the screen, initially I can "fix" it by banging it on the table but eventually the problem became permanent. Since, I bought another one. Occasionally it has similar problem, I can fix it by banging the mouse on the table, so far it is still OK after almost 1yr.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
you are clicking it the wrong way...my Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 is still going strong, i've had it since june 2007

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
It seems like it's possible to design mice that barely use any power, if batteries are lasting this long. What about eliminating battery replacements completely? Has anyone tried making a mouse that's charged by a user moving it around as usual? Perhaps they use a capacitor to store the energy if that wouldn't need to be replaced. If the charge is drained at the beginning of the day (or even after a few hours) from non-use, just wiggle the mouse a few times to have it come back to life, and then you're good. There are probably reasons why this isn't practical, but I do wonder if it's possible.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
My DELL PU705 Bluetooth which is OEM by Logitech can only last for 14 days on a pair of (new) Duracell 2650mAh NiMH rechargeable.

I doubt how it can achieve 3 years. Probably using 1 hour a day?

G

[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]you are clicking it the wrong way...my Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 is still going strong, i've had it since june 2007[/citation]

Nah, I am just too hard on mice with all the TF2 and other FPS games I play. :)

soundping

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Logitech MX518 for 4 years and still going strong..[/citation]
Mine lasted only a year then freaked out.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I've had a Logitech Mouseman Bus in my Pentium 200 for about 14 years now. I'd still be using it but I don't have an ISA slot anymore. Mind you, I've had to salvage other clickers for the buttons from other mice and solder them on the circuit board.

I've also had a Logitech G9 since they came out what, 3-4 years ago? Still works great.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I bought an MX1000 a couple days after launch, and while I don't actually use it anymore these days (right mouse button and scrollwheel aren't always working), it still holds power for months. I recharged it about half a year ago, and only use it when installing new rigs. It still has two of the three green lights on when I move it. And I'm not using the off buttons for the weeks that I don't need it.

So what I'm saying is, if you want long battery life, just get a mouse with a sturdy big lithium battery pack. Takes a while to charge, but you're sleeping once in a while anyway right?

Status
Not open for further replies.