Question Logitech Spotlight Presenter product recall

Dec 3, 2021
Like many people during the pandemic, I have not used my Logitech Spotlight Presenter.
Today I tried to use it only to find the battery will not charge anymore as a result of the extended time that it has not been used.

A Google search shows many other people are experiencing the same problem.
So far I can only see denials from Logitech that this is a recognised problem.

Has anybody heard that they are doing a product recall or will be issuing some sort of statement?

Lutfij

Titan
Like any rechargeable device, they have a battery in them that needs to be charged and discharged. If the device is going to be left unattended for a long while, it's advised to at least charge it once every quarter(3 months) but that's also not advised...since a battery's lifespan deteriorates when you don't charge it or if you charge after a long while with it sitting idle.

Have you tried reaching out to Logitech's support line? Along those lines, do you yet have warranty on the device? Last I can recall, Logitech hasn't done any major device recalls, unlike laptop makers who tend to disclose that their laptop/laptop charger/display is going to be recalled due to a defect in the product and can cause injury to the end user.

To note, if you do the math, recalls are expensive. If you or a number of people end up taking Logitech to court...and it's more expensive to win the court battle, then they will go ahead with a recall but if the court battle isn't expensive when compared to a recall, they will decide to contest in court instead. That's how corporations will move forward when it comes to managing their losses. Sorry but I had to put that out there.

Dec 3, 2021
Thank you for the very imformative response. Let's hope that they take note of the growing number of dissatisfied customers or suffer the consequential brand damage.

Dec 3, 2021
Thank you for the very imformative response. Let's hope that they take note of the growing number of dissatisfied customers or suffer the consequential brand damage.

TRENDING THREADS