Logitech Unveils G500 to Replace G5 Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
$70? The original G5 was successful because it wasn't overpriced ($45-50). I had the v1 G5 and got the v2 G5 a few months ago and now a new one? This new one looks ugly as sin.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
My existing G5 is wearing out. mabye this one will work as good or better.

I tried the other logictec gaming-like mice but all they did was severely aggrevate my CTS.

jjy3k10

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
My G5 v2 is still going strong after three years. Yea, the rubber is worn off where my fingers rest, but its just another attribute that makes it distinguishable from all the G5's my friends have.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I have the wireless G7. I'd like a new mouse just for the sake of newness, but the damn thing just won't wear out or break no matter what I do.

SOSTrooper

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]$70? The original G5 was successful because it wasn't overpriced ($45-50).[/citation]

The original G5 debuted at $69.99 as well.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]So it'll know when someone throws it against the wall?[/citation]

Which is only worth it if it responds and calls you an asshole for doing so. THAT would be worth $70

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
meh, i'm on my second razer death adder. it's by far the most comfortable mouse i've used. When it dies(it eventually will as i am constantly taking it places along with my laptop) i'm gonna splurge and get the wireless razer mambasa so it cant short out.

avericia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
"and a smoothed-out pinkie ledge."

I'm going to get a G500 just for the pinkie ledge.

I have loved my G5 for a couple of years now and the only bad thing could ever say about it was that it left my pinkie hanging.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I was about to buy the G5.

I like the fact that you can add weight easily if so desired, and the damned low to insane high DPI is awesome also.
How much does the mouse normally weigh? One reason why I prefer corded mice is because of the lesser weight. And the fact that wireless products are easy to lose (I have lost my wireless keyboard... the thing is huge...).

How is the comfort overall? I liked the Logitech Click!, but not so much for the Click! Plus.
Then there's size. I have grown accustomed to the click, which I always have my wrist on my mousepad.
Then there's also the laser sensitivity. Will it work on most surfaces? All surfaces? Mousepads only? I like to use a mouse on both my bed, carpet, and fiber board, with the occasional felt blanket. Can this do that successfully?

My only complaint though...
I never did like buttons at the thumb... ruins comfort and my hands are too big to use them easily anyways. Same with a button below the scroll wheel. looks decently badass though.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
nice, perfect timing, my mum just broke my 5 year old $10 Logitech mouse playing solitaire, so i've been looking for an upgrade worthy of my i7 gaming rig

teamhead

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I have the Wireless G7 for about 6 months now and love it. Not sure if I would ever purchase another corded mouse.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Glad we have a company like Logitech that makes all kinds of mice.

My previous Logitech lasted about 8+ years, "mouseman" from 98. Here is a pic: http://www.smartcomputing.com/images/smartcomputing/thumb/00284728.jpg

Luckily, the Mx400 just came out (MX 610/620 are wireless versions) which is in the same shape, but a little smaller.

Sometimes Logitech kills an excellent product because it cost to much to make. The v450 replaced the V400 which had won awards for design and function. http://www.mobilewhack.com/images/logitech_v400_laser_cordless_mouse_1.jpg
Its a very cool mouse for notebooks, but some QC failures for many people thou for the laser. Its the only mouse that uses a spring-loaded slot for its USB receiver. Works great.

My best logitech mice are as follows.

MX700(the wireless mouse that shows wireless can work without sucking)
MX518(never detailed by logi, but 500 reports per second is sweet) <-best 19$ mouse EVER thanks staples
G9 (does not like soft mouse pads much, The grips peel like hell, so its a great mouse with a crappy finish, but i still use it)

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
the only problem i have (with almost every mouse) is the fact that my pinky and ring finger have no place to rest. Granted, I have wide hands. But all but one logitech device have this same problem. making my pinky get annoyed. Andy why is pinky? not in my dictionary? odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS