Logitech Unveils New Logitech G Line of Gaming Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... what is Logitech thinking these days? I mean, they make good quality stuff, and all of my periphrials are made by them, but the last few gens of devices have really left me scratching my head as to who they are trying to market to.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Still rocking my G15v1, and don't that changing unless I have to, I do hope they come out with something like the G510(G15) or G19 with mechanical keys and still a screen, that I would be interested in.
Also just a thought but wasn't the ' Logitech G Series' brand established years ago and not just now?

felix666

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
It would have been nice to describe what's different with the G510s from the previous G510, besides the color scheme.
I don't see a thing to convince me to drop the MX-510 and 518 in favor of one of these new mice. When they misbehave, I open them up, clean them, and they're back to life.

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I don't know about you guys, but most of these look like slightly different versions of MX518 mice, Logitech G15 Keyboard and Logitech G930's.[/citation]

These aren't new products, they're mostly just rebranded existing products, some of which may have slight redesigns. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]I have the G500 and that looks like a re-skin and a change of colour for the DPI indicator.[/citation]
The model name is G500s if you read the article, so I'd assume your answer is yes. These all seem to be refreshed models of existing products.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
This is written like the G series is going to be a new release lol. It seems though that Logitech is getting itself into a slump and trying to make new skins/paintjobs/graphics get some people excited over some fashionable but same old products. Still solid hardware nonetheless, but nothing worth buying if you already have something that works well.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]What's the battery life of G700s? My G700 doesn't last long.[/citation]

When I'm gaming, I get approximately three hours on the G700. I usually play with it plugged in now.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I'm sure logitech makes nice stuff, but I just can't wrap my mind around using standard keyboards anymore. I've been using my ideazon merc stealth keyboard for nearly 5 years. (On my second because I spilled a full cup of water into my old one while powered, it doesn't work now ;; )

And I absolutely love the extended keyboard for gaming.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]The model name is G500s if you read the article, so I'd assume your answer is yes. These all seem to be refreshed models of existing products.[/citation]
Yes but 'Logitech today unveiled a brand new line of gaming peripherals dubbed the Logitech G series.'

Brand new. A re-skin is hardly 'brand new'.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]Yes but 'Logitech today unveiled a brand new line of gaming peripherals dubbed the Logitech G series.'Brand new. A re-skin is hardly 'brand new'.[/citation]

Ya no kidding. I've owned one of these "new line" many years ago...Changing the logo doesn't make it a new line. You gotta be kidding me!

G

I have G400 and can't say a single bad thing about it, but this new lineup... I don't know, there's something about it that I don't like. For one, they look horrible. It seems like they added more unnecessary details to the design and increased DPI a little and that's about it.

Elwenil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
[citation][nom]blackjackcf[/nom]When I'm gaming, I get approximately three hours on the G700. I usually play with it plugged in now.[/citation]

About the same here and yeah, I usually do most things with it plugged in.

Geez how I miss my G7 and it's hot swappable batteries but it finally died about a year ago.

digitalvampire

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]Also does this mean the G9x I own is coming off the market, because I love this mouse?[/citation]

I hope not. The G9x (and the G9 before it) is, by far, the best mouse I've ever used. I actually went ahead and bought two extras when I found them on sale. Just so perfect!!!

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Can't understand people complaining while also saying that they are still rocking with Logitech mice that are years old. If there is an issue with these releases then it is with Tom's article, not Logitech. As the model numbers suggest and some others here have said, these are redesigns of existing mice with slight feature tweaks, not brand new models. I for one am happy with that as I find them amazing to use and my only issues with the previous G500 was that the LED for the DPI was red and everything to do with my own build is blue... It has always irked me. When I see these on offer for a good price I will buy two of the new G500's although if the price is right I may be tempted with a G400.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]Can't understand people complaining while also saying that they are still rocking with Logitech mice that are years old. If there is an issue with these releases then it is with Tom's article, not Logitech. As the model numbers suggest and some others here have said, these are redesigns of existing mice with slight feature tweaks, not brand new models. I for one am happy with that as I find them amazing to use and my only issues with the previous G500 was that the LED for the DPI was red and everything to do with my own build is blue... It has always irked me. When I see these on offer for a good price I will buy two of the new G500's although if the price is right I may be tempted with a G400.[/citation]

You echoed my sentiments. They actually improved the buttons responsiveness and durability on these new mices and keyboards, according to the PR, so all we can do is wait and get some reviews in before we jump into conclusion about whether or not they messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.