Logitech's K40 Wireless Touch Keyboard Designed For The Living Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

apertotes

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Several comments on this article look like if this were a press release or a paid ad. For example:
"One of the hardware traits that makes this keyboard unique is that it has a second left-click button installed on the left side, allowing users to move the mouse cursor with their right hand and click on links with their left. "

That is on some MS keyboards from last year, and probably other brands too.

Any way, I won't ever buy a non-bluetooth wireless mouse or keyboard.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
There doesn't appear to be much of a difference between this and the earlier K400, but as someone who has a K400 already in use, these are great keyboards. The range isn't perfect though, so I do have occasional lag or missed keystrokes if the PC is just a little too far away.

ATL_Tech_Guy

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Ugg.. put an 8+" tablet in there that supports miracast please, I want to "beam" my PC/Streaming to the TV. Add wireless charging too.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
I also have had a K400 for 18 months. It would great to show what was improved between the K400 and K400 Plus (I think there are actually 2 older version). Looks like some buttons that were previously on the left side (above the ESC key) are replace with volume buttons above the touchpad, but that's pretty much it.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Any way, I won't ever buy a non-bluetooth wireless mouse or keyboard.

Can you suggest a good one? I've been searching for either a Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo or a Bluetooth mouse that works well in the living room (at up to 10m distance like this Logitech model) and I have yet to find anything that is actually usable. This K400 isn't perfect but the touchpad works better than any Bluetooth touchpad or mouse I've tried.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Wait, now I see they also changed the arrow-key layout. The old keyboard had a half-width right-shift key to make room for the up-arrow key. This model has normal right-shift key and compresses together a half-height up-arrow and half-height down-arrow key. Hard to say which would be better without using them both. The right-shift key on the older model was awkward before getting used it.

apertotes

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

I have this one https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/all-in-one-media-keyboard/N9Z-00002 and I am very happy with it.

Tanatorn

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
wow, this is the second time i've had to write this out because tom's website kept crashing.... but this keyboard is a straight knockoff of the microsoft version Microsoft N9Z-00001 in fact, the keyboards look exactly the same, has the same LEFT CLICK button that microsoft has on their left side... but the logitech has no volume control. COMPLETE KNOCKOFF anywho, i feel like tom's hardware just got paid to post this article, this article SERVED ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION! just basic marketing it seems?
the microsoft version is also 24 dollars!

f-14

Distinguished
typical keyboard, and i'm not even happy with the typical keyboard layout to begin with. i've seen a better mouse control on a barbie laptop from the 1990's

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

I have this one https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/all-in-one-media-keyboard/N9Z-00002 and I am very happy with it.

I'm confused. You said you won't buy a non-Bluetooth keyboard and say that you have and recommend the Microsoft N9Z-00002, which is NOT Bluetooth.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Bluetooth would be amazing. This K400 I use gives me reception trouble. Lag, double key strokes. If I plug a USB stick into the port next to the receiver the keyboard is barely functional.It seems to get massive interference.
I can confirm I've never had a Logitech product fail on me except a keyboard which I spilt a whole beer into. Even then it continued to work it's just the keys got super sticky so I had to not only press the key down but lift it back up.

Nick Papagiorgio

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
The microsoft keyboard is a copy of Logitech's not the other way around. The original K400 which I have came out about 2011. The microsoft keyboard came out in 2014.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
The microsoft keyboard is a copy of Logitech's not the other way around. The original K400 which I have came out about 2011. The microsoft keyboard came out in 2014.

Hmmm, the poster that slammed K400 for being a copy of Microsoft N9Z-xxxxx also thinks that the N9Z-00002 is Bluetooth?

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Logitech products, as a generalisation, are great. I'm still using their Z5500 speaker system and it sounds amazing still. I will never ever sell it. Their mice are decent too, although I did have one die on me, I think that it was friggin 12 years old, if not older. I'll definitely look at this keyboard, but I have to agree with someone who mentioned the fact that it has no backlight - that was a fail. I know that the battery life would take a hammering but they could have been smart about the functionality to find a decent balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.