Logitech's New Keyboard Has Red, Blue LEDs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]Are you serious?[/citation]
The old keyboards came with USB 1.1 idiot, even the G15 revision 2. It's not a dumb question, I'm not a dumb person, I read the news article and it doesn't state it. You fail.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]What exactly is so elusive about the name Tom's Hardware?[/citation]
Platypus give me a break! I've been following this site long enough to know that most of the news/stories on here are not about hardware, and yeah, I certainly think that a decision regarding internet services, on a national level, are absolutely relevant to us, a lot more so than the colours on a logitech keyboard. Even if you're not Canadian, a relevant news story is still a good read, which is a lot more than what I can say about a story written as a commercial for Logitech. Right?

G

I had a backlit keyboard before; the light died in 3 weeks.
So no thank you for me!

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Been pounding a G11 for a year and a half and love it - backlit keys make working in dim light very easy, and the macro keys are pretty handy at times. I'm generally not one to spend this much on a board, but I'd buy this if my G11 goes belly up...

Not sure. Being able to turn off the Windows key with a switch (vs. a registry hack) is great, but I don't think that adds $50 of value to a keyboard.
I like my G11, but I do wish it were smaller. Hmmm...

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Not ergonomic. Not interested.

Still waiting for someone to release an ergo-gaming (ergaming?) keyboard. If I'm going to spend hours on the computer, I'm going to make sure it's comfortable. The extra buttons are cool, but not worth carpal-tunnel.

As far as LEDs... meh. I can type without looking at the keyboard, so I doesn't really effect me. I only need to feel the little bumbs on the F and J keys.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I love the back-lite feature but it is too big, I prefer my keyboard not to take up my whole desk. I use a wired mini keyboard (full key size just no number keys and such) for that reason on my gaming rig.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]guruofchem[/nom]Been pounding a G11 for a year and a half and love it - backlit keys make working in dim light very easy, and the macro keys are pretty handy at times. I'm generally not one to spend this much on a board, but I'd buy this if my G11 goes belly up...[/citation]

You look at your keyboard to type

Get out of here kid

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I'd much rather have key-by-key color selection so that frequently-used keys could be 'highlighted' to enhance their peripheral visibility.

cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I'm such a keyboard junky. I love my input devices. I have a G11, G15, Cyborg V.5, and just picked up a Saitek 2. This thing looks really cool, I probably pick it up too, especially if it comes to Best Buy....working there just helps fuel my purchases for such things.

mlauzon76

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
From Logitech's blog post:

“Unlike other gaming keyboards with these features, the G110 gives you convenient audio jacks and a USB hub port without a tangled mess of cables at the back of your computer. ”

Excuse me, Logitech claiming they’re the only keyboard with that; my Razer Lycosa Mirror has one USB & audio jacks on the back of it…!

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I want to get this. They still dont have a wireless version yet right? The g15 wasnt wireless and Ive been waiting to get a wireless USB charged backlit keyboard and yet no one has made one as of this message...

Status
Not open for further replies.