[SOLVED] Longer loading screens when overclocking gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yeah thats fine, I would not use max performance with a 1050 ti. If you need more FPS in game just lower the in game settings, I wouldn't mess around with that slider.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe a heavy VRAM overclock could affect load times? If the VRAM is unstable and the game is trying to load data from RAM into VRAM that might slow down load times, just a theory. I cant see how a core overclock would affect load times even if it is unstable.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Maybe a heavy VRAM overclock could affect load times? If the VRAM is unstable and the game is trying to load data from RAM into VRAM that might slow down load times, just a theory. I cant see how a core overclock would affect load times even if it is unstable.
I only gave to core 100 and memory 500 also increased power limit(and temp limit)

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Also set nvidia control panel from quality to prefer max performance

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I'd try like 350 on the memory and see if that helps.

Set that to "let the 3d application decide". All setting that slider to max performance will do is make games look ugly, I believe it will force anisotropic filtering off and disable some other settings on a driver level in your games. I wouldn't screw with that unless your rocking some abysmal gpu like a GT 730 or something.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
I'd try like 350 on the memory and see if that helps.

Set that to "let the 3d application decide". All setting that slider to max performance will do is make games look ugly, I believe it will force anisotropic filtering off and disable some other settings on a driver level in your games. I wouldn't screw with that unless your rocking some abysmal gpu like a GT 730 or something.
Welp i do have an gtx 1050ti

Status
Not open for further replies.