Looking For A Basic Guide To Rebuilding My PC.

dantewtf

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
Looking to take apart my computer, and rebuild it, not necessarily with new parts. I am looking for a basic guide for my particular build on what to do exactly, including a clean install of Windows 10. Right now, I am not overclocked or anything crazy, just basic specs. I am not an ultra-tech veteran, but I am also not a cave dweller. I know some things, not all. I did build my PC with the help of PCpartpicker.

Intel - Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor
Corsair - H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus - X79 Deluxe ATX LGA2011 Motherboard
ADATA - XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Micron - 1100 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
EVGA - GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Stormtrooper Case

My questions: Where and what medium should I purchase a new Windows 10 OS?

How should I slightly overclock my CPU and RAM so I get the most stability with the most performance?

What is the best basic way to refresh my system(simply clean install?)

Do I need another power supply of Higher Wattage and could that be causing problems?

Is there an unsafe(for my system) amount of internal and external storage units I should be using at one time?(reason I ask is because I keep upgrading and keep the old drives. I have 3 SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 External storages plugged in at most times)

What are the best programs to start with from a clean install?

Every Install I have copied my information over to another hard drive, now I have 3 copies of older drives, what is the best way to sift through duplicates of pictures and media to not have multiple everything?

Which SSD should I install Windows OS on? Should it be my larger 2tb, 1tb, or 500gb? I am assuming the newer, fastest one?(2tb)

Certain applications I use a lot, should they be installed on the OS hard drive? Such as Vegas Pro, and have the media I am working with on a separate of vice versa? Is it possible to have too many drives medias working in tandum?

My system has been doing weird things lately, I will boot up, then my Chrome doesn't work, I restart and then it works. Sometimes my system won't shut down, then I manually do it, and have to come back through the bios and it will run fine again. Sometimes it seems, even though my CPU should be able to handle some programs (i.e. Sony Vegas, OBS Studio, Similar APPS) it'll seem to stutter or not be super compatible? Can I have too many USB products plugged in at one time?

USAFRet

Titan
1. "Where and what medium should I purchase a new Windows 10 OS?"

You do not need to purchase a new OS. You simply need a blank 8GB USB stick.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. "How should I slightly overclock my CPU and RAM so I get the most stability with the most performance?"

Wait for later with this.

3. "What is the best basic way to refresh my system(simply clean install?)"

How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

4. "Do I need another power supply of Higher Wattage and could that be causing problems?"

No.

5. "Is there an unsafe(for my system) amount of internal and external storage units I should be using at one time?(reason I ask is because I keep upgrading and keep the old drives. I have 3 SSDs, 2 HDDs and 2 External storages plugged in at most times)"

No.

6. "What are the best programs to start with from a clean install?"

AV, malware, testing tools. Also, look at ninite.com for easy to install freeware.

7. "Every Install I have copied my information over to another hard drive, now I have 3 copies of older drives, what is the best way to sift through duplicates of pictures and media to not have multiple everything?"

You need to do some cleanup. There is no automation for this.

8. "Which SSD should I install Windows OS on? Should it be my larger 2tb, 1tb, or 500gb? I am assuming the newer, fastest one?(2tb)"

Personally, I'd consider the 500GB SSD. Speed isn't an issue unless you have really crappy drives.
Use the other drives for other things

9. "Certain applications I use a lot, should they be installed on the OS hard drive? Such as Vegas Pro, and have the media I am working with on a separate of vice versa? Is it possible to have too many drives medias working in tandum?"

Given a 500GB OS drive, you can probably install all/most on that. You won't kill or hamper anything. Just don't fill the drive up too much.