Looking for a gaming computer tower!

AdamEnglish

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
Hello,

I am currently looking to build a gaming PC i have not got much experience when it comes to building a PC but i am currently looking to buy a case, my budget for the entire build is between the £1000 - £1200 range. Not looking to go too far over £120 when it comes to the case!

All responses are highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

So I assume you've got all the other parts price pointed, correct? No changes? If so and 120 is what you have to work with then there's a lot of good cases out there. 1st is to decide if it's going to be a Full Tower or Mid Tower. I would go with a Mid Tower case as Full Towers are heavier and usually for a lot of Hard Drives and 2 PSU units which I doubt this will be the issue.

Everybody is going to have their favorite case or company that they like to go with but I think that you should do your own browsing yourself. There are key things to look for. Cable Management, Measurements on the inside, Air Flow, Drive Cages, and looks.

Cable Management, Air Flow, and Measurements are the most important. Cable Management, so that cables aren't effecting the inside Air Flow. Air Flow, so that you'll have good flow from the front of the case to the back, however if you have a case like the Silverstone Raven or Fortress it would be from the bottom to the top, lol. Measurements for your video card as some can be long and some areas of the case might now allow you to install that certain card due to maybe a HD Cage that can't be removed. Also some cases have a bottom PSU area instead of the old top installed PSU units and if the case is gonna be sitting on carpet then will it get enough airflow as carpet can get warm and pass that along.

Of course the looks of the case is always a personal choice as to what you like to look at. But there's lots and lots of these cases that have that and I would just suggest that you look for yourself. If you've picked out the internals of the PC they the outside is a piece of cake, sometimes.

AdamEnglish

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your response! Here is the thing i haven't got all my parts picked out yet i was going to do this step by step to learn more about building i have a rough idea of what i want to get however due to lack of experience i am so indecisive on everything lol, i have been looking at the thermaltake chaser MK-I i really like the look of this case but i am not sure how good this case is?

NormH

Distinguished

not for gaming the i7 is great for video editing/rendering and photoshop but no real gain in gaming

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

I would agree here as i7's are better for video and stuff and you can save more money by going with a i5 for just gaming. Saving that xtra money can go for other things as well.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Stop looking at Full Towers. Added xtra weight is really all you'll get.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
But as I said it's all personal taste and that's why I think he should look for himself. Even though he was looking at Full Towers which wasn't the way to go unless he needed a slew of Hard Drive cages which I doubt. But as far as bells and whistles it's personal tastes.