Question Looking for a good stable mboard, not for gaming

rutledj

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I've kinda out grown gaming at 67 years old, but I would like to update my 8 year old desktop system with a decent mobo, cpu, and memory. Just looking for something stable and well supported. My current board is a Gigabyte which has served me well. Wouldn't mind another assuming they are still considered good.

Not looking to spend a lot, maybe around 200 for an atx mobo, same for cpu (was looking at 12th gen I7 intel, hopefully less for 32g memory, and cpu fan. My current M2 drive and other solid state drives are good to reuse as well as my old

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 gpu.

Appreciate any suggestions.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I've kinda out grown gaiming at 67 years old, but I would like to update my 8 year old desktop system with a decent mobo, cpu, and memory. Just looking for something stable and well supported. My current board is a Gigabyte which has served me well. Wouldn't mind another assuming they are still considered good.

Not looking to spend a lot, maybe around 200 for an atx mobo, same for cpu (was looking at 12th gen I7 intel, hopefully less for 32g memory, and cpu fan. My current M2 drive and other solid state drives are good to reuse as well as my old

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 gpu.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Of the items mentioned, you want to recycle the SSDs and GPU, but you need a new CPU, motherboard, and memory. Is that correct?

What is the make/model of your case and PSU?