Question help with memory and ssd

Aug 23, 2024
I have Asus ROG crosshair x670e hero motherboard, 7900xtx gpu and 7800x3d cpu….. what is the best DDR5 to pair with it along with the best nvme gen 5????

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you're on AM5, look for DDR5-6000MHz memory or higher with AMD's E.X.P.O on it's packaging or is spec'd to have the profile baked into the kit.

What sort of a budget have you set aside for your memory and storage purchase? Also, where are you located and what is you're preferred site for purchase?

Aug 23, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you're on AM5, look for DDR5-6000MHz memory or higher with AMD's E.X.P.O on it's packaging or is spec'd to have the profile baked into the kit.

What sort of a budget have you set aside for your memory and storage purchase? Also, where are you located and what is you're preferred site for purchase?
no set budget. i’m located in TN and normally order through newegg , what is best storage? i heard gen4x4 isn’t good with am5 since the socket on board is gen5

USAFRet

Titan
not really other than not compatible, i’d like a good SSD tho, preferably 2TB
NVMe SSDs are forward and backward compatible.

Gen 3 works in a Gen 5 slot, Gen 4 works in a Gen 3 slot, etc, etc....

Look for any Gen 4 or 5 drive, from a good manufacturer.
Samsung, Crucial, WD.

But in a blind test, you'd be hard pressed to see any real difference outside artificial benchmarks.